Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starving kitties

Starving kitties

I come home at different times based on my work schedule. Some days, I'm home at 6:00, others, not til 9:30. Either way, its routine that I give them some food as a snack once I'm home. They meow and trail me like I'm the Pied Piper of cats. Its a parade of cats from the back door to the bedroom (I feed them all in the bedroom due to Callie getting at their food otherwise -- its too high up for her in the bedroom)

Do you kow how many times I come home to poor pitiful straving kitties? Every night. Do you know how many times I go through this dance, only to find there is still food in their bowls from hubby falling prey to their starving kitty dance? 0nce or twice a week.

Now, if they still have food in their bowls, WHY would they tell me they were starving and needed me to feed them?

Silly kitties.

They are clearly remembering that ONE time you forgot to feed them a snack, and are building up a reserve.

I am the pied piper of cats each am, when I give them a wet food treat. It is actually kind of freaky!

Oh my...poor, starving kitties! The horror.

Mine do the same thing. They always have dry food in their bowls but let me get up to get a drink at night and they are meowing like they haven't eaten since last week. Mine seem to like fresh food. They have been wasting a lot lately. I cannot seem to find the right amount to put into their bowls.

They want to reassure you that you are needed?

Honeybun is like that when I get home. If it's just Dave, he doesn't make a peep, but as soon as I walk in the door, MROOOOOWWWW!!! and he just goes on and on and on, lol! I don't know why he doesn't bother Dave, but he saves it all up for me and for when I get home, lol. Silly boy!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My RB Meezer Ming demanded that there be fresh kibble in the bowl at all times. The bowl could just have been filled with fresh food an hour ago, but if he would walk away and then come back and decide to eat more of it, then I would get a good "talking to" and in no uncertain terms, that it was no longer fresh enough for him and he would refuse to eat it. I played his game - but my way - and it worked. I would let him see me take one fresh piece of kibble out of the bag and sit it in his dish. He would smell it and thought the whole bowl was fresh and then would proceed to eat what was in the bowl. He was smart, but I learned how to outsmart him in that department!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mine can sure be that way...though Oscar is usually the spokescat announcing that it is time to feed them!

I think my kitties also equate feeding time with attention, which they also love!

Yes, I have poor starving kitties too!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I think we need the kitty lawyer here!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    My RB Meezer Ming demanded that there be fresh kibble in the bowl at all times. The bowl could just have been filled with fresh food an hour ago, but if he would walk away and then come back and decide to eat more of it, then I would get a good "talking to" and in no uncertain terms, that it was no longer fresh enough for him and he would refuse to eat it. I played his game - but my way - and it worked. I would let him see me take one fresh piece of kibble out of the bag and sit it in his dish. He would smell it and thought the whole bowl was fresh and then would proceed to eat what was in the bowl. He was smart, but I learned how to outsmart him in that department!
    Oh that is a good idea! I am going to try the one piece of food and see if it works. Buddy is the spokes-kitty for my three. He loves me up like he hasn't seen me for weeks when I get home from work and I LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Now, if they still have food in their bowls, WHY would they tell me they were starving and needed me to feed them?

Silly kitties.
    At my house, any food left in the dish when I get home is not acceptable. It is necessary for the food lady (that's me) to remove leftovers and serve fresh food. Preferably from a Fancy Feast can. And at room temperature, and ideally in a dish that has been pre-warmed with hot water. When that is done, I am dismissed! Silly kitty. The good news is that lately this routine has been preceded by some happy mmrrows, purring and headbumpies, which I love.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I think we need the kitty lawyer here!!
    Dear starving kitties,
    Our friends Cassie and Pinot sent me a message at Cat Court about your situation. This clearly sounds like aboose, what else can we call it when you're not fed!

If you would like some legal assistance, call me on my cell phone. I'll represent you pro bono.

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer
    Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Taz was that way. If I even walked near where his food dish was he was meowing his head off at me. And I learned the trick early on too. I would put just a few pieces in his dish, OR I would pour the food from the dish into another dish and then back into the original dish, mixed with some fresh.

Now, for Paizly and Jax they do not meow at me to fill the dish. Jax always has a dish of food in his room. But he prefers to eat Paizly's food. So I do have to check it all the time to make sure there is food in it. He is a PIGGIE!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Why? Because it works, and fresh food is always better, right? And they have you trained, cannot slack off, or you might forget someday when it really IS an eMERgency!
    I've Been Frosted

This happens when My Cats sense that I have been to the King's Buffet, or Poco Loco or Sobeys and Metros and they just know that I have something
    good for them , and I am going to share.
    I can stll hear My Michael , My Mister Purr sitting on the Bed MEEEOWING Wheres Mine Dad!!!

They just want to know that you will do as they ask, whether it makes sense or not.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Why do they do this Kim???? Because they can.

Now we need to see more pictures of your poor starving cats.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010