Thread: Poppaea is here now too - PICTURES, #9!

Threaded View

Poppaea is here now too - PICTURES, #9!

Well, I made my trip to Dexter this morning.. left my camera equipment at the store to be evaluated, then spent a delightful hour chatting with Gretchen at the coffee-&-tea shop next door. Then I picked up Poppaea on the way home.

Yes, she's here! I put her in the bathroom with Lavinia at first, but she is out already. Nobody seems fazed by her (though I don't think Bob has encountered her yet - he might get even crankier about yet another new one). I think she's easier blending in than Lavinia because she's nowhere near as active and in-your-face (and in-your-food) as Vinny is. She's quite easy-going and mellow.

Just before I came to the computer to go on line, I was sitting on the couch. Poppaea came over and got up into my lap and started making biscuits on my chest! I think she knows she's home at last.

I'm starting to think maybe I'll change her name (perhaps to Sabina [the original Poppaea's second name].. ?). Gretchen mentioned that Poppaea and Poppy might get a little confusing. And I'm already calling Lavinia Vinny for short, but I can hardly call Poppaea Poppy for short!

I just took some pictures of her. She's another one who can tell when the flash is about to go off and shuts her eyes just in time. I got a few with slight squints, even narrower than Lavinia's. I'll upload some probably tomorrow and post them.

Pat
    Last edited by phesina; 02-19-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery