Thread: A Housecat's Message

A Housecat's Message

When I crinkle my eyes closed, I am smiling at you. A brush against your shin is a hug, a message that says, "I love you and want you to smell like me."
    Please know that I adore a long stroke down my back, but stop before my tail, as that is my rudder and its momentary confinement panics me.
    Know also that I love a good scratch around the ears, but detest my feet being explored. Balance is life or death to a cat and my feet are as important to me as breathing.
    Feel free to tickle my chin, but be gentle and do not break my whiskers; for me they are important tools.
    If I trust you utterly, you will be allowed to stroke my belly.
    Though I can communicate silently with others of my kind, I vocalize for you. I will meow, hiss, yap for dinner and chirr my curiosity. I know a single brrppp makes you laugh and slop me with a kiss.
    I will tippy-toe when I'm trying to be cute. And when I sit with my back turned and with only one ear honed in your direction, I'm not ignoring you by any means; I am being coy. I love to perch, burrow, strut and stalk.
    When I jump on the bed with you in the dark, it is not because I need to sleep. In most cases, I have been sleeping all day. I am there because of your warmth, your companionship and to share the air you breathe.
    I know when you are melancholy, and I will stay nearby if you are in pain, but I don't understand the necessity of vacuuming.
    There was a time when I loved the 'other feline' in the house and have mourned his loss with a grief unmatched.
    I am always listening.
    I watch you shave or apply make-up out of a true fascination with all things requiring attention to detail.
    Know that I am clean and dignified, even when I am belly-up on the windowsill in the sunshine. I can feel sheepish about my antics when you expose me to catnip, but I look forward to it anyway.
    I crave peace.
    My three favorite things are: mice in the walls, your voice on my neck and the can opener.
    I can slink and sidle, soothe and steal and make myself scarce.
    Know that I find you noisy, sadly furless and strangely excitable about a single hairball, but I forgive you out of grand benevolence. I love it when you wrap gifts or read the newspaper. I understand the aching sweetness of a spring rainstorm....and a good cry.
    Know that I will purr when I am hurt or frightened, as well as when I am content.
    No, I don't clean my plate. It is instinct to leave a cache - just in case.
    Contrary to popular belief, I don't mind the vet because of the way it smells, the other animals, the inevitable pain or the travel. Rather, I hate to go there in case you leave me.
    So, even when I stare into the corner late at night and spook you half to death, or I stroll casually over your computer keyboard, or even when I appear to barely be impressed by your rantings about work or school, know that I am a separate nation from you with all my borders open.
    I reserve the right to certain terms and conditions, but my spirit would be inconsolable without you.
    Live beside me.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Love it! I owned dogs all my life but when I was adopted by my first cat I learned that you have to respect cats. They are very different than dogs but still wonderful creatures.

The only thing different for me is that my Tinker loves her tail petted. She will back up to me waiting for me to run her tail through my fingers. She also lets my friend Bob do this as well and he only visits occasionally.

Most of this is like hearing Fister talking. Love it!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Cassie likes her back petted, too, and she lets me touch her tail.

This is wonderful! Thank you, Auntie Momcat!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That is such a positive message of how Our Cats feel about us,
    I am glad that I retired a few years so I could spend more time with My Found Cats and was able to be with them more.
    We spent so much time all curled up
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That's really so nice and sweet! Thank you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Very nice. I've always said I wanna come back as a housecat in my next life!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Well that sums up cats in general and I love it and them!

Well said, and needs to be heard! Humans, like dogs, are pack animals, and cats have very different ways of communicating and understanding. A cat's world is a whole new planet, with its own beauty and wonder.

Love, Columbine

I got this from a co-worker who is also owned by a cat. Wish I could tell you who actually wrote it. The first time I read it, it was as if Groucho was saying these things to me. That's why I had to share it with all of you. Being loved by a cat is one of life's greatest joys!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oh, that was so lovely and true! I love cats!!!

I laughed at so many parts because it did sound like one my cats speaking.
    Bruce just doesn't understand why Paizly won't let him pick her up and cuddle. She is just that kind of cat. Now Jax does not care (and Taz didn't) about being picked up and laying belly up like a baby in your arms. Maybe its a male/female thing??
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I LOVE it!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!