Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jasper may indeed have lung cancer

Jasper may indeed have lung cancer

For those who followed Jasper's thread in "cat health", and his sore foot leading up to his leg amputation, you might remember how an x-ray showed "fuzziness" in his lungs.

At the time the vet felt that it appeared as if the cancerous-type growth on his foot might have moved into his lungs. And he might have as little as 6 months to live.

Well, Jasper has begun to have episodes of very heavy breathing. 1 episode about a week ago, but then 2 in the past 2 days. Each of these last 2 were followed by a lack of appetite. (in other words he had an episode and did not eat that meal, then he ate the next 2 meals as usual, but then another episode caused him to not eat again this evening.)

I fear he will decline fast, he is starting to look at me with "those sad eyes" (if you have ever seen your pet tell you that they are ready to leave, you will KNOW that look).

You can't pray for him to get better, I know that, but if you can send a few kind thoughts our way, it would mean a lot.

Major PT Prayers for Jasper. May he be comfortable and happy every day and moment of his life. I know he is and will be very, very loved.

Jen, are more x-rays planned?

{{{{hugs}}}}
    Last edited by Catty1; 02-13-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Many thoughts and prayers going out for you and for Jasper. So sorry that he is going through this. HUGS.

Poor boy. I know when I have trouble breathing, I do not eat, Jenn, it's like there's some fear that food in my mouth will interfere with any air getting in, so I just don't eat. Prayers for comfort for Jasper.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry your Jasper is sick. It is so sad when a pet gets sick and recovery is not likely. Please know I am sending good thoughts your way for you and Jasper. Kay in NC

Prayers and good thoughts and love are coming for Jasper and you both. Keep on loving each other and cherishing your time together. God bless you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Yes, we know the sad eyes.

You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Sweet, sweet Jasper.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this. I too know the sad eyes very well. I hope that he'll be able to remain as comfortable as possible with the time that he has left with you. He'll remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry to hear about Jasper- this doesn't sound good at all.
    I hope he still has some good time with you and am sending all my best wishes to him and you.

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. I do know that look. It's undeniable. Keep him comfortable. My prayers to you, honey!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm so sorry, Jen. We all dread that "look" in their eyes. Prayers for Jasper and you....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Jen, My heart is breaking for you and Jasper. Many prayers are being prayed for both of you. Sending comforting lovies to Jasper and [[[[[HUGS]]]]] for you.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Prayers for comfort for Jasper. I think Candace said it very well.

I am so sorry you both have to go through this.

I'm so sorry for you and Jasper. I know those eyes as well; they break your heart.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am sending good wishes and prayers to both you and Jasper. May he know love and comfort the rest of his life.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!