Thread: Taking some well needed respite...

Taking some well needed respite...

I've been struggling these past few months with my depression, animal advocacy, the dog stabbing trial and just life in general. There is something going on with me that is beginning to scare me.

I've been on Lexapro for over 5 years and I have a feeling it's not working anymore, so I have a call into my doctor. I know last week was tough for everyone on the 10th anniversary of 911. I had to shut the tv off and just play my cd's.

I've been sleeping WAY too much (anywhere from 10-18 hours a day, another sign the meds aren't working), haven't really been outta my apartment except to get necessities for me and the fur crew, cry on and off for no apparent reason. I just don't have the "oomph" that I had before. Everywhere I go online animal abuse, pictures of dead and injured pets. Maybe I'm taking it too personally, I don't know. But I know I have to do this or I'm going to crash, putting my health and sobriety in serious jeopardy. I will NOT jeopardize 18 years.

So, while I may sneak in now and again to see how everyone is doing, I'm stepping away from my computer for a while. Depending upon the outcome on Nov. 1 (next court date for Alexander Bernard), if the Judge frees Bernard, I'll also be taking at LEAST six months off of actively rescuing of any kind. If they decide on a trial? Well, I'll decide IF and WHEN it happens.

I love you all very much. You have become my extended family and I really don't know what I'd do without you.

Take care of yourselves and each other.
    Last edited by moosmom; 09-16-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

For those of us who love all animals, stories of abuse does take its toll. But to those of you actively involved with rescue and being a voice for the pets that have no other voice it can be incredibly draining. Going to court on abuse cases then the Baldwin interview is a lot for anyone to process.

Go ahead, take a break from all of it. You've done so much for the helpless and mistreated animals. It's really no surprise that it all is getting to you, some would call it "burn-out". Above all else, take care of your own self and count on your friends to understand.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Sweetheart, you can take a break from everything, but remember I'm just a phone call away if you need a soggy shoulder to, lean on. I MEAN it.

Best wishes, Donna.

I was never as involved in rescue as you are, and I had to call it quits, completely. You deserve a break.

Hope the doc can find a new med to help you. Yes, it does sound like the meds have stopped working. This happens, I've been on 4 different ones over 16 years.

Best wishes!

I totally understand because I have suffered from anxiety and depression as well. Try to go out at least every couple days, if not every day. I find that helps.

It may be a good idea for you to step away from animal abuse. I know it seems I cannot cope with it. You have to do what is best for your health. If you don't take care of yourself, no one else will and your pets need you.

Hope things get better for you.

Take care of yourself for a while, remember, you cannot help anyone when you are not well - physically and emotionally. We love you, go for a nice drive on one of these pretty fall days, buy yourself a pumpkin, and breathe for a while.
    I've Been Frosted

Hugs to you Donna. I hope things get better.

Stepping away is a good idea; I hope it gives you the respite and focus you need. Let us know if there's anything we can do & check in with your doctor, please!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

MoFF, we love you. Take the time and get the rest you need so badly.

Sending you prayers and good wishes and healing energies.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Donna, yes it does sound like you need to take a break. Hopefully your Dr. will be able to find the right meds for you again. Just remember that we'll still be here for you whenever you need us. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Dearest Donna, i will miss you so much, but please feel free to PM me anytime you want to chat, always here for you, i can well understand you needing a break , and you must do what is right and helpful for your well being,i personally just cannot watch anything that is to do with animal abuse,it just haunts me too much, i just cannot take it,so i can well understand you needing a break, maybe a holiday if you can afford it would be an idea,or a visit to friends, but then the furbabies need taking care of , i guess that becomes a problem, is for me, so i never really go away, only on day trips now.

Do take care and don't forget we are all still here,will be thinking of you, take much care love and hugs,From across the seas.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Ah Donna. You need a holiday old mate. Unwind a bit.

"I'm Back !!"

Take care of yourself Donna.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla