Thread: Storm, freezing rain

Storm, freezing rain

It has arrived, not just for me but for millions across this great country.
    A horrible storm with freezing rain. I can hear it against the windows.
    A spattering of angry sounding ice.
    I have to be at work tomorrow at 8 am.
    I wonder how many patients we will have, maybe none, since most are elderly.
    And to make it even sweeter my wonderful cell phone which I love is broken and cannot be repaired. I am phone less...........
    I am getting a new one, different model which I donot like perhaps tomorrow or Thursday.
    But with all bad news comes good.
    I have a new Coach Purse and wallet for my birthday. Third son and I went to the Outlet mall and shopped. He was oh so patient while I spent an hour looking over all the lovely purses. I finally picked one and then he said " how about a wallet?' Isn't he funny? He helped me pick one out.
    I love it. We had so much fun shopping at all the stores. It was colder then cold but J and I love this weather so we were great. The snow was gently falling and we walked and talked and shopped. Magic!!
    Getting one of the kids alone especially J for the day is a special treat. I love his wife and their daughter but sometimes I just want him all to myself. We mesh so well.
    We also went to the Home and Flower Show, actually we went there first. It was so much fun. Since he has worked for a nursey for many years he is the perfect person to go with to the show.
    We had such a blast picking out seeds to start out gardens with.
    Slacker my oldest said he would pay for my purse so I am doubly blessed.
    Sons can be so wonderful. But they sure eat a lot. And I love love love cooking and baking for them.
    Stay safe everyone......... It is nasty outside.

Its starting to hit us here, too. My guess is my college will close tomorrow!

Just got finished cleaning up after round one, and round two began an hour before it was supposed to. Thankfully it's snow so far, I hope it stays snow, I dread ice!
    I've Been Frosted

And it Just Keeps Coming!!!

We here in Maine are well on our way to getting buried!!! I've got quite the pile of snow on the patio furniture. Birds are working on the big suet cake I put out a few weeks ago - will refill the seed feeders when I venture out to start working on the snow on the walkways. Pretty soon I won't have a driveway turn-around - the plowers are using pick-up trucks and I've got quite a pile forming!!! Too bad the grandkids are so far away - it would be a great snow fort Will try to get some pictures later today.

Stay safe an warm, everyone. No travel unless you need to!!!

Mom1 (aka Nancy)
    Bibette & Lulu are sleeping it all away!!!

We're iced in around here. Walking outside, even a few steps is impossible. There's a small bit of water over the ice which only makes things even worse. A perfect day to stay inside with Pet Talk. To those of you who must go out, please be extremely careful!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Yes, everyone be careful on that ice and while shoveling snow..take many breaks.
    Cover your mouths...that cold air plays havoc on the bronchi and lungs!

Just remember spring is on its way. We just need to get through February!

Quote Originally Posted by cool4catz2 View Post
    Cover your mouths...that cold air plays havoc on the bronchi and lungs!

You mean it isn't just me? I don't remember this happening when I was
    younger.

I hung on to the fence all the way out to the trash container yesterday
    as the ground is covered by ice.I did notice it hurt to breath the extremely
    cold air.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We had snow overnight, then sleet and freezing rain for about 2 hours early this morning -- between 5 and 7 am. Since then, it has been all rain, what a slushy mess!

Against my better judgement, I went out to see if I could get my car out of my space. It's pouring out and freezing on contact. I tried to get my car out, but it's so icy out, it's not going anywhere.

I'm now back inside, soaking wet. When will this end??? We've been getting show on a weekly basis. If they want me to get my car outta my spot to plow, they're gonna have to give me a push.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I live in the Dallas area, so a lot of the people coming down for the Super Bowl brought shorts and shirt sleeves! It is very, very cold here.....Lots of sleet...very little snow....on Tuesday morning....temperature won't get above freezing until maybe Friday. They've been turning everyone's power off for periods of 15 minutes or so periodically throughout the day. No school on Tuesday or today....The temp hasn't gotten above 17 or 18 today with windchills about 0-3....I haven't gotten out of the house except to let the pups out to do their business in the yard to the left and right of the front porch...LOL Glad I have two snuggling springers to keep me warm!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

I am back inside now, for the first time in hours - we had probably 5 inches of snow, then sleet then rain, so basically I was pushing slush and trying to beat the clock before it all turns to ice! I certainly do not need any more exercise today!

One of the highlights of the yuckiness was our neighbor pup Roxy, she's a German Shepherd rescue gal who has been here for maybe 2 months now, a rescue from down South, and she was having a fabulous time leaping through the snowbanks while her person walked on the street. She came bounding toward me, and we had a good wiggly patting session, then she leapt to a higher snowbank and look oh-so-proud surveying the land! Roxy might be 8 months, not sure, black and tan and all energy, but her person told me "If these snowbanks get any higher, I'm gonna have to buy a longer leash just so she can reach the top and I can stay here on the ground!
    I've Been Frosted