Thread: Hey, Everybody

Hey, Everybody

Hi, I'm Kevalin, or Kae, for short. I've got one cat, Jordan, recently down from two. We suddenly lost our other boy, five year-old Buzzsaw, in October. Heart failure. My heart is still broken, too.

I've been enjoying Cat of the Day for several years; I it was a true heart-saver during the period when necessary travels made it impossible to have a cat. But, despite the big ol' "Pet Talk" at the bottom of every page, it never really clicked that there is a forum here to talk about our animals.

So, anyway, I'm here, now. Just wanted to say a proper "Hi," before I posted to any other threads again!

Welcome Kae!

I'm Sandie. I live in Rhode Island with the crew of rescued pets you see in my siggy.

Just jump right in! Glad you finally found the link lol!

Welcome, Nice to meeting you. I am Sana and I too used to visit this site, I loved to visit Pet of Day especially but used to check on the other, too. I read them for a couple of years, I think and later thought to join this site.

Glad to read your introduction and waiting to see the pictures of your pets. Bye! Hope to hear from you soon!

Kevalin

Welcome to PT!! We have a great group of people here. All very knowledgeable on pets (take your pick!!), their care, rescue, you name it!! You can vent here, tell us stories, whatever!! There's a category for just about everything.

I hope you'll post pictures of all your furbabies!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Welcome Kae, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here at PT. I live in the country in NC and have 3 pets which you can see in my sig below. I hope you'll post pictures of your Jordan. I'm sorry you lost your other cat. Look forward to your posts. Kay in NC, T Feb 1 2011.
    Last edited by kaycountrygal; 03-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Hello Kae
    Welcome to you, Jordan, Tufu and Bucky . I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of Pet talk. I am Bill and live in Alabama with my wife Celia. We have a Tux named Rascal and a Golden/lab named Koko. Between the two of them there is never a dull moment around our house. You can see pictures of them in my Bio.

You need to post pictures of Jordon, "Tufu" and Bucky.

Hi Again, Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been back to thank you for your kind replies; been dealing with people health issues in my family. All is making its way back to "well" now, however, and so I wanted to post a picture of "My Boys."

I don't currently have pictures of the dogs; they're very much so more my father's lads than they are mine; but the cats... ah, the cats!

This is Jordan... also called "Jord," "Jordy", "LaRue" and "Monster" Think of badly-dubbed Japanese science fiction movies to get an idea of how I pronounce that last. At the moment, he's getting over a tapeworm infestation... but then again, he could afford to lose the weight: when he came to live with us, he weighed almost 17 pounds! Now, he's around 15 pounds, which is much closer to an ideal weight for him.

Jordan is a gentle soul who puts up with the now-40 lb.-"puppy" (that would be Bucky, the Hellaciously-Hyper Australian Cattle Hound) way too often, though that is changing. In typical catly fashion, Jordan loves the highest places in the house he can find: the table and kitchen counters, from which he's always being evicted; my chest-of-drawers, the top of the television cabinet. He hasn't found a way to get to the top of the built-in bookcase, but he still occasionally works on it.

This was my Buzzsaw... also called "Buzz," "Buzzy," "La Boo," and simply "Boy." We lost him to a heart problem this October past, and I my heart is still in pieces over it. Buzz became part of his former owner's household when, at around two months old, he followed Jordan home and refused to leave.

Though his eyes looked normal, Buzzy was essentially blind. All cats are somewhat farsighted, I'm told... but Buzzy would walk into things. Like doors and plant stands. Not surprisingly, he believed profoundly in ambling. He thought the sun and moon rose and set with Jordan; Jordy, in turn, would often let Buzzy eat first, like a mama cat will with a kitty. Buzz was also Jordan's cleaning service: he would literally lick the poor guy until his fur was soaked, given the chance!

When Buzz and Jordan came to us, Buzz was pretty traumatized: after years of being inside-at-night cats, their owner took to being frequently out of town, at which time they became outside-all-the-time cats (I lived 45 minutes away from their home in Sacramento). Jordan could hold his own without any trouble, but with his small size and bad sight, Buzz didn't fare so well. The many other neighborhood cats would push him aside or beat him up before he could get any food, unless Jordan was there to back him up. By the time he came to live with us, Buzzy was little more than skin and bones, and very, very shy. A full year passed before he would let anyone but me touch him.

As much as Jordan and I miss Buzz (he always put up with me picking him up and holding him like a baby, at least for a little bit), I'm proud to say that, by the time he left us, he'd learned to smile. I have a picture where it literally looks like a catly Mona Lisa.

He, in turn, showed us that cats really can sleep anywhere!

Okay. Well. Sorry. I ran a little long. But I did want to share a bit about my boys. We're kind of sort of looking for a new cat; I think Jord really misses not having a buddy to hang out with. But the Hyper-Dog from hell makes me leery of bringing a new, ideally grown, cat into the house, both for the cat's sake and Bucky's.

If, however, Jordan sees fit to bring a new kitty home, I will not object.

Hi Kae. Welcome to PT. Both of your boys are very handsome and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Buzzsaw. Pets always leave paw prints on your heart. Hopefully you'll be able to find Jordan a new brother or sister soon. Good luck.

Welcome back; hope you are able to pop in more often.

Buzz is quite handsome, and I'm sure he knew how much you cared for him.

Jordan is also looking quite stunning, and I am happy to meet both of them!

Hello, I don't get over to this area much. But I was catching up and notice you are in California. And you are near Sacramento. I grew up not far from Sacramento myself. I now live in the Bay Area, but my family is still up near Sac.

Jordan is so beautiful! And Buzzsaw was adorable too (so sorry you had to let him go). I hope you can find Jordy a buddy. You might even be able to find Jordy AND Bucky a friend. My cats get along great with my dogs. So there might just be that cat out there for both.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)