Thread: New here! Hello!

New here! Hello!

I found this forum while looking up information on lynx point siamese cats. I looked around a bit and think I will like it here! Let me introduce you to my pets!

This is Foxy Jane. She is a Australian Cattle Dog mix. She was adopted from the Atlantic Iowa Animal Shelter in September of 01. She was loosing her puppy teeth at that time so was guessed to be around 6 months. With that information she will be turning 10 this March.

This is Riku. He is my lynx point siamese mix. This is not the greatest picture of him, but he has pretty blue eyes. He is about six years old. I don't have much background on him other than he and his companion lived in one room for the last five years. Now he has the run of the living room, kitchen, and hallway. He loves it!

This is Phoebe. She is my Domestic Medium Haired tabby. She is Riku's companion. They have lived together for as long as I know. She is a very sweet little girl when she gets to know you.

This is Riley. He is my Domestic Short Hair tabby. He was picked up on the way home from work one night and never left. I became quickly attached and he quickly became my kitten. He is an independent kitty who likes attention only when he likes it. He enjoys playing with the dog and tries to play with the other two cats, who aren't always real receptive to it.

Welcome to Pet Talk, you seem like you'll fit in well here! And thanks for the pictures, it's always people's first request so you pre-empted that! Foxy's Jane's nose is soooo long, is she maybe part Greyhound or some other sighthound?
    I've Been Frosted

Hello and welcome! Glad you found us, this forum is active and lots of fun.

So great to meet Foxy Jane, Riku, Phoebe and Rily! Sounds like Rily is the Resident Rascal - EVERY family has one! LOL

I'm Sandie. I live in Rhode Island with the crew of 15 rescued pets you see in my siggy.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Karen: Really Foxy's nose looks longer in that picture than it really is. I don't think there is any sighthound in her but there might be. I have always leaned more towards sheltie or collie.

Sandie: Yes Riley is the resident rascal! Mostly just because he is still a kitten and is the youngest in the house!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

Welcome! All of your pets are very pretty. Look forward to your posts. Kay in NC

Hello ! Welcome to you, Foxy Jane, Riku, Phoebe and Rily! . I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of our world wide community of pet lovers. The "SHOW ME" was evident in your great pictures of you furkids. I am Bill and I have a Tux named Rascal and a Golden/lab named Koko. Between the two of them there is never a dull moment around our house. You can see some of their pictures in my Bio.

Hello, I am also new but I just wanted to say something. Your cat's sound so similar to my cat Cotten. He is over 11 years old and was a rescue from Tennessee. ( I live in Indiana ) He is as cute as a kitten and still plays like a kitten. He also is a tabby but has a little Siamese in him. (Thus, he gets sick a lot. Yuck!) he is quite unique though. His eyes are two different colors. One is golden yellow and the other is a deep blue. He DOES NOT LIKE DOGS! In fact he will try to kill them! When we got hm he was already de-clawed and neutered. ( we don't believe in de-clawing a cat or dog, it is like removing their life!) The reason why he is named Cotton is because it looks like there is a cotton ball on the end of his tail. Moo Moo is the outside cat. The reason why is, not only does she hate the indoors, but she sprays, and dad thinks she already been spayed! Any way Welcome and I hope that you and your pets will always be happy.

Hi MotherofLucky! Riku is ok with dogs but sometimes he and Foxy don't always see eye to eye and a small scuffle starts out. I am very much with you on the declawing part. I do not agree with this practice. Riku is declawed and neutered, was when I got him. I understand the frustration with the spraying problem. I have been going through that a bit with my female, but she is not spayed YET! I do have a little saved up to get it done and once I get enough to get it done it will be done. I am really hoping for sooner rather than later!
    Thanks for replying, it was really great to read about your pets!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix

Hi and welcome to PT!!! All of your pets sure are adorable and I look forward to learning more about them and hopefully seeing many more pictures of them too. My Pearl is a Siamese Lynx Point mix and she's very vocal, demanding, and bossy for a petite 9lb girl. I hope you enjoy yourself here but I must warn you that this forum is very addictive.

Welcome to PT! I am owned by one kitty named Pinot (pictures in my profile, haven't posted any in a while, I'll be getting grief for that), who rules our roost. I love your furkids and I think you'll have a great time here! Nice to meet you.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

krazyaboutkatz - I am definately one of those who loves to post pictures of her pets! The first digital camera I ever owned was bought for that purpose! Riku is not quite that petite at 15 pounds! He is my big boy and when new people meet him I always get, "That is a big cat!" He doesn't have a lot of the typical siameese traits. He is not very vocal, demanding, or bossy. He is very go with the flow! He and Phoebe were given to my sister as a birthday gift from her roomate. Then that roomate moved out leaving my sister with a lease, the two cats, and the roomates bird! My sister felt some sort of obligation to these cats and everyone, my sister, two cats, and a bird, moved in with my parents and since my mom is allergic to cats they spent their time in a bedroom with very little room. I told my mom when I get my own place I would take these cats off her hands, so now that I bought my own house I get the cats. They are much happier and healthier here and that is how I got my lynx point mix! I didn't even know that he had a special siameese name until I saw a cat chart and found him on there! Wow! When I get talking about my pets sometimes I can run on about them!

Pinots's Mom - I LOVE Pinot! He is so cute! I loved looking at the pictures you have in your profile!