Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anywhere else having a mild winter?

Anywhere else having a mild winter?

I keep hearing about tons of snow everywhere, but it's been relatively mild here. We've only had a few snowfalls and it's melted pretty fast- today and tomorrow are 60 degrees or so.

Are we the only ones having a mild winter?

I'm happy about our winter so far, but I know we'll probably get a big snowstorm in March or April to make up for it.

Can't complain in Portland, OR

Oh heck no!!! We got 2 feet last week, and another foot last night. It's a nightmare here. We have SOOOO much snow here in CT, they're having trouble finding places to put it!!! The snow piles from the plows is so high that it's obstructing car's views of oncoming traffic.

This has got to be THE worst winter I've seen in a long time!! But, since I work from home, I don't have to go out in it unless absolutely necessary. Bring it on!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Feh...61" and counting!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Well, I'm in California.............need I say more.
    But seriously, it gets cold (at least its cold to me) at night and super foggy in the morning. But it burns off and, like today, is a beautiful out. Went for a walk at lunch and actually got HOT. The weather can stay just like this.........forever.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It hasn't been horrible here in central Pennsylvania as far as snow goes but it has been colder than normal I think. We have had snow on the ground continually since December probably but not a huge amount. My big problem is I have a full thickness tear of my right rotator cuff and shoveling and cleaning off my car are difficult at best but I am plugging along. Having surgery in May hopefully.

I'm with Donna - she is in CT and I am next door in RI. We are closing in on this being the snowiest winter EVER! That record was set in 1948, so this is quite something.

In the past, the cities would haul the snow off and dump it in the rivers. But last year, the DEM announced they can not longer do that; all the sand, salt etc is bad for the river creatures. Their instructions advise the cities to pile it in parks and parking lots.

Sight lines at intersections are just non existent at this point.

Its been absolutely gorgeous here. It has been pretty foggy in the mornings though. We did start out with a lot of rain early in the season but now its wonderful.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I have not yet finished shoveling this last storm, I am an hour north of Sandra, and we got another foot of dense, powdery snow last night into this morning. All our snowbanks are taller than me, pretty much! It gets tricky figuring out where to add more so that it doesn't just avalanche down on top of me!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I have not yet finished shoveling this last storm, I am an hour north of Sandra, and we got another foot of dense, powdery snow last night into this morning. All our snowbanks are taller than me, pretty much! It gets tricky figuring out where to add more so that it doesn't just avalanche down on top of me!
    I can't even begin to imagine that, knowing me I would fall down and break something...be careful! Do you have something to help like a snowblower?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    We've been spared this year with only relatively small amounts of snow at a time (6" or so), but it has been quite cold. Last year is when we broke all the old record snowfall amounts, so Mother Nature has given us a break this year.......so far anyway! February is always a bad snow month for this area tho.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Back in December we had one huge storm, got about 26 inches of snow. The huge piles are still here. It's been snowing ridiculously since then. A few weeks ago it snowed about 3 inches. Last week we got 1" and these past two days we got about 8 - 10". I didn't go to school yesterday even though we had a full day because my mom didn't want me driving and today we had off. I used to like snow and snow days, BEFORE I could drive and before those days started messing with my Graduation. We've moved back midterms twice already to.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine that, knowing me I would fall down and break something...be careful! Do you have something to help like a snowblower?
    No, just a shovel. I figure when I am old, I'll buy a snowblower, for now it's just me and a shovel - and Paul with his shovel, too if necessary!

All the shoveling is done so I DON'T end up falling down, when ice forms, I, with my limited sense of balance, tend to be really bad at staying upright!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    It hasn't been horrible here in central Pennsylvania as far as snow goes but it has been colder than normal I think. We have had snow on the ground continually since December probably but not a huge amount. My big problem is I have a full thickness tear of my right rotator cuff and shoveling and cleaning off my car are difficult at best but I am plugging along. Having surgery in May hopefully.
    It's been pretty much like that here in SE Michigan too.

I'm sorry about your rotator cuff tear.. That sounds like an awful complication in this weather. I hope you are able to have the surgery in May.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Ick. We had a snow storm yesterday morning, a few hours lull, then tons more. Total here, in Glenside, 18 inches. Not counting drifts. Had to get my brother to shovel out a spot for Mz Logan. It took 4 kids 2 hours to shovel out my property. Ick. Ick. Ick.

I've been Boooo'd!