Thread: Hugo, the African Tortoise (HUGO, the MAGNIFICENT)

Hugo, the African Tortoise (HUGO, the MAGNIFICENT)

Dear Friend,
    May God bless you and your family for caring about the animals of our world. He made such a beautiful world for us and man as done a poor job of taking care of it. It makes me happy to hear of you and your family caring for these gentle giants.
    You might consider writing a report on your tortoise for school some time, although you've probably already done that. If not, some pictures of Hugo and his tortoise friend might help. Just a suggestion.
    May you all be blessed and may you have a long, happy healthy time with your great pet HUGO, the MAGNIFICENT!
    My love to all in Christ Jesus, my Lord,
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, Kentucky
    U.S.A.
    P.S.-
    In case you're curious about where I live, Lexington is known world-wide as the "Horse Capital of the World", and it is. If you go to bing.com and type in lexington, ky horse farms under the "Images" search, you'll see some beautiful thoroughbred horse farms in our area. I live right in Lexington and don't have anything to do with the horses but this is where I was born and I think it's a pretty place to live. I'll look up where you guys live, too, and see what it looks like. I love seeing where other people live in the world. I've been disabled for almost 23 years now and don't get out much so seeing where the people live with whom I'm in contact on the internet is kind of special to me. Take care.

Hello Hugo! Wow! You are a big boy. It sure sounds as if you have a good home and a nice greenhouse in which to live. No doubt you are well cared for and loved. Congrats on being POTD! Kay in NC USA

Truly magnificent, that you are, Hugo; simply stunning! My jaw dropped when I read just how big you actually are, how much you weigh (almost double my weight)! What a great photo of you chowing down on some yummy, green grass! I was wondering how much you eat each day to maintain that weight! hehe

It's heartbreaking to think your species is near extinction in the wild, but hopefully efforts are being made to rectify that! You are truly one of God's great creatures, and the world would be a lesser place without you and those of your species, in it! But lucky you Hugo, you're living the good life there with your Tortoise buddy in your toasty warm greenhouse, your lovely, sunny garden; being cared for so lovingly by your devoted family! How lucky they are, having a beautiful friend, such a unique companion, inyou!

Congratulations on being crowed our very special, most unique Pet of the Day, beautiful, magnificent Hugo! I hope you and your Tortoise buddy are both being treated to an extra special day of celebration...and if your Dad wouldn't mind, maybe he could give you a carrot, for me! Long and happy life to you, Hugo!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hugo Magnificent is for sure the word for you!!!

I so enjoyed seeing your picture and reading about you today. I think you might be the first African Tortoise I've seen. I am so happy you have a family who loves you and takes such great care of you.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To see you and be able to read all about you is a special gift that you have given to all of us at Pet Talk.

I wish you all - the healthiest and best long life together.

Magnificent doesn't even begin to describe you Hugo - you exceed our ability in the English language.

Oh Hugo, you're gorgeous! What a big guy you are! Congrats on being POTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Here's a toast to huge Hugo, our fabulous POTD! I hope you get a carrot in celebration of your cyber-stardom and spend many more years with your beloved guardians! What a treat to see and read about you, Hugo!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs