Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have a very sick kitty!

Oh good, I meant to ask about that book, thank you for posting the info!

You are quite welcome Freedom! I have had this book awhile now so dont know if you can still get it or not. Maybe you can on Amazon or Barnes/Noble.

I also have a smaller paperback type book on Cat Emergencies.

First Aid for Cats
    by Bruce Fogle, D.V.M.

Just reading it will teach you quite a few things! It tells you stuff such as this:

The basics of first aid, from cleaning wounds to CPR.
    What to do in emergency situations.
    How to decide when a pet needs to see the Vet.
    How to reduce the risk of emergencies.

I am SO glad to hear Gabby loves his new food! Now, lets get that boy well and back to normal!!!

I delievered all those treats to the group today. You should have seen their eyes when they saw them! They said to really THANK YOU!... then the kitties at Pet Smart got some treats!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I am glad the folks and the kitties enjoyed getting those treats. I will try to remember to tell Doc and the rest of the office crew that they were well recieved. Exactly who is "the group" you refer to? Just curious. Maybe I can get some more next time I go there for food.
    Last edited by BarbPond; 01-29-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Hey folks, I'm Wayne (aka Kittyfoot, aka *&#!! truck driver), Barb's hubby. I just got back from a run to Indiana. I've read your encouraging posts and I just wanted to say thank you very much. It's hard for me to give Barb the support she needed when I'm a thousand miles or more away. Cell phone is only so good and with the odd hours we run I'm pretty wiped out by the time I stop. Believe me, I haven't slept well all week fretting about my little family here. With what I do, the stress levels already high but it helps knowing that our babies have the best kitty mom they could possibly have.

Gabs was by the door when I came in and oh he looks so much better than when I left. When "Mommy" got out his supper dish he went into "full meow mode" just like he used to and he gobbled that down in a flash and looked around for more. He trails Barb everyplace she goes; knows who's controlling the food for sure. He did go get a few laps of water from the kitty fountain so that's encouraging too.

Right now, I'm propping the eyelids open with toothpicks so I'll end this here. Thank you all once again and be assured that Gabriel will get the best of care no matter what. G'night all.

Barbra, it's Northside Humane Society.. They got a great bunch of people there but most uf of help where ever needed with other groups too..

HI WAYNE!! Welcome home man!! Get some rest, get caught up and get some time in with the fur kids...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks Laura. That is the place up in Ethel and I know where Ethel is as I used to live up that way when I was WAY younger!

Gabby is doing much better today. He was even trying to play some. But mostly he just wants to EAT. I am not sure just how much of the can food I should give him in one day. Dingy me forgot to ask and they are closed for the weekend so I cant call.

Anyhow he is pooping right, and drinking water also. Right now thankfully he is napping instead of yowling for food. But soon as I try to go to the kitchen his radar kicks in and here he comes on the run!

Any suggestions on how much I can safely feed him???

It's so good to hear Gabby is feeling better. Concerning food... feed him small portions with at least one hour intervals. I'm sure you know that, though.

Hope he will be completely back to normal. You're certainly doing all the right things.

Kisses to Gabby.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Randi... That is what I have been doing but wanted to just make sure that I dont make him sicker. I find that tending sick cats is alot like tending our human kids. Grin!