Thread: Simon

Simon

Oh my gosh Simon, I laughed out loud when I saw your photo. Did you get caught red handed doing something naughty, or did you smell something that made you make the grimace face? I think your cat mommy left you behind because she knew you would be better off with your human meowmmie. Happy COTD you 'shockingly' handsome boy.

Simon says

Let's eat! Wow, are you sure you aren't a pregnant female kitty? Take care of yourself, get some exercise and stay healthy enough to be with your wonderful family for a long time more. So sad about your real Mom, but your adopted Mom more than made up for it with her love. Happy COTD

Simon, who knew that such a tiny little guy would grow into such a big boy? That's a lot of poundage for a kitty kat; your human is right, it may be time for a diet, although you're definitely a handsome guy just the way you are. We'd like to see you stick around for many more years, though. Enjoy your day as COTD, handsome boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Simon!

Love that white puss and pink nose! The expression is priceless!

Have a great day - Cat of the Day!

Hello Simon; it's a pleasure to meet you. You are such a big handsome boy & I like your coloring. You are similar in size & temperament to my Luke. He also gets mad & puts his ears back; maybe all cats do, dont know. I bet you love your human mom so much because she saved you & bottle fed you & even took you to the litter box. It sure sounds as if you have a wonderful home and are loved so much. I hope all of you have many years together. Congrats on being COTD! Kay in NC

Dry food dangers

Beautiful cutie pie Simon sure could benefit from cutting back or just a food change. I see from the picture that he eats dry food - now don't shoot the messenger. Dry food was created for OUR convenience and offers nothing to our cats, even the good quality dry foods. They are full of fillers and for an animal who is a carnivore this is useless. Dry food causes obesity, diabetes, kidney failure - the cat cannot get enough liquids from just water alone. They NEED canned food (preferably good quality ones without by-products, rice, grain, meals...). The canned food gives them 85% of the liquid their organs need. Cats teeth are pointy so anyone who thinks that the dry food helps keep their teeth clean is sadly mistaken - the cats crack the food with their pointy teeth and swallow. This can cause indigestion, diarrhea, deterioration of the enamel on their teeth, making them prone to tartar and bacteria build up in their mouths. I have researched this in depth and also have seen the results of a change of diet. I have done adoptions for shelters and rescues and the high numbers of people who have lost their cats at very young ages (6-8) and admitted to feeding them only dry food is telling. In the media, we are inundated about the importance of hydration - the SAME goes for our cats (and dogs for that matter). Many say their cats don't like canned food - keep trying, there are MANY different flavors and brands out there. Try your pet food stores that carry food with human grade ingredients - vet food rarely has good quality ingredients (we need to read those labels as we do for our food). Your cat will eat with gusto, their fur will be healthier - they eat more dry because they feel empty shortly after eating (just as we do when we eat junk food).

Prove me wrong. I have many vets who have told me the above information as well. Other vets are acting in a conflict of interest as far as I am concerned. The ingredients don't lie. I have a well written French article for any of you who want me to send it to them.

Check out the info on the Cathealth dot com website under the food-wet-dry section.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

What a Big Handsome Cat you are Simon, and we love youur big smile of happiness!!!
    You are such a Graet Cat with so much Purrsonality.

Your Mom must have trusted your Family to have left you behind like that, she must have known that you would find a fine FurrEver Home there.
    You should be put on a bit of a diet as those extra pounds will not be good for you as you become a senior Kittyzen.

We Found Ctas all Love You Simon and send a Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Four Our Newest Saved Cat ^^ Our Newest Tuxedo ^^ and Our King Sized Cat Of The Day ^^ Super Simon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hi Simon! You look like a talker and a big eater! Sure are a handsome boy!
    Thats a lot of weight to be toting...maybe they just grow 'em big in N. Dakota. Have a happy COTD!

Awee just look at you Handsome Simon.. Yup you look like my Spanks inwhich he was a bottle fed baby too.. You both are bigg & handsome.. Congrats on Cat of the Day..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Simon what a gorgeous hunk of kitty you are!!!

I loved seeing your pictures. The one of you on the chair made me giggle. Did you get surprised? They sure brightened up my gloomy day!!! I hope you are being spoiled rotten today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, Simon kitty! How nice you look in your white and black coat! I'm glad your person helped you get off to a healthy start in life, and now you are having all kinds of fun! Happy Cat of the Day to you, Simon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Simon

Just had to mention-- suppose Momma cat left little Simon behind because he was the RUNT of the litter? What were the other kittens-- cougars??

He doesn't look awfully 'fluffy' in those pics- just looks like a BIG cat!! Handsome kinda Tuxedo-type fella-- congrats on COTD!

Hi handsome Simon! Happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart! What a great opening pic! After I finished reading your bio. I thought to myself...could that be "one of those moments?" But no, those precious ears are straight up! hehe

I'm so sorry about your furry mom leaving you behind. But you surely found your guardian angel in your wonderful human Mommy to be, and the rest as they say is happy history! Could you be any more loved? I don't think so, and no kitty is more deserving of unconditional love and pampering than you, Simon, and at 24 lbs, there's so much beautiful Simon to love! As your Mommy says, she loves you just the way you are, and that's just as it should be!

Hope you're enjoying your big day in the spotlight, precious boy; being treated to all your big, beautiful heart desires! I hope your Mommy will pass along to you and few dozen extra cuddles and kisses from me!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so proud of you Simon! I know you are a big boy; almost too big to be a lap cat but I love to hear you purr! Simon wants to let everyone know that he is trying to watch his diet as he eats Science Diet Light food and gets plenty of exercise by running upstairs to take a nap. He gets his annual check up and is in good health. When he gallops thru the house on his way to his food, the china rattles in the hutch!

Simon!

Simon - you looked surprised in both of your pics - lol! Or...were you talking while your pictures were being taken?
    You are a big, cute B&W boy...the two resident B&W boys here - Crunch (who weighs 30 lbs) and Whiskers say hello!
    Attached Images Attached Images