Thread: Kindle?

Kindle?

Does anyone has it? And do you like it? I am planning to get one, but want to see what others think. I like "traditional" book, but now my room is cluttered with so many books that a Kindle sounds great.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

I got one for Christmas from my Mother in Law. I love it. I love that I can just download a book and have it instantly. Before I always ordered my books online so would have to wait and wait for them to get here lol.

it fits nicely in my hand and it's just a very nice little thing to have around

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Hey I am very ole school.. Could you please tell me what it is?? thanks.. I am not up on the latest gagets..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

My dad just bought a Kindle and my mom just bought a Nook. I love both of them. Although they are mostly the same, the Kindle is nice because it's very thin and a bit lighter. I think it's a great thing to have.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Well, a friend of mine has one and loves it!

I think it is a waste of money, though. I stopped buying books over 25 years ago. I am a regular at the library, every other Tuesday night, 5 to 7 books. Same schedule, 3 different cities, 5 different living arrangements, 3 different states.

Some info, please. The Nook costs $249, the Kindle $139 - got those prices from Amazon and B&N websites. Does it then cost $$$ to download a book? How much?

Do these things run on batteries, or do they have to be charged?

My one true extravagance/passion is books. I like the smell and feel of them in my hands. I like to check out my bookcases, take one out and look at it. I do use the Library from time to time, but I want to read a book when I want, not when the Library tells me I can have it for 10 days.

yeah you buy the books like you would normally except it's an electronic version.

new release books are mostly around $13 but the price varies... you can even get free ones.

it gets charged. the battery lasts a long time though. I haven't had to charge mine yet.

I don't know what the difference is between the two that would make such a price difference but I'm very happy with my Kindle

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I got a kindle as a gift this summer from my son, Adam. It goes everywhere with me and I love it. We share books from his kindle to mine and he buys far more than I do so that helps me a lot. It is great for travelling as it fits into my handbag and I can take a whole library with me at once! There are so many online libraries these days where books can be downloaded free that I never run out of something to read even when I'm snowed in or sick at home.

I am still addicted to bookshops and libraries though and my home is full of books but I would never give up my kindle!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I love love love love my kindle!! I bought the $189 version because it has 3g coverage. The benefit of that is that I don't have to be within range of a wifi hot spot to download a book or get online. The other day my husband I were driving through the German countryside and I was able to get on and google something! It works wherever a cell phone would work.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl