Thread: Boston cat called for jury duty

Very funny. Hope they have fresh water for him if he is required to attend.

What an adorable cat!!

I hope they have to bring him in, and the court officials are allergic - would serve them right

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Cindy ~ Halo once got jury duty summons!

Kuhio once got a letter from Publisher's Clearing House saying she had won a major prize.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I love the comment someone made that all was going well in the trial until someone brought out the laser pointer!!

I used Michael's name to get something from the Tv Guide and Michaelin in a mouth got a 5000 dollar loan, a dating service and a chnace at a cruise with endless meal. My Orange Friend would have money, a girlfriend and a place to take her , which was something I never had in my life
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yup how so funny.. I guess they had better tell the judge that he is a cat.. Or they could just take him on to court..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I hope the judge likes cats and has a pocket full of tasty cat treats under the robe and maybe a litter box under the bench.

Groucho the Lawyer says cats make excellent jurors and Sal will do very well at trial. He might even decide to go to law school.

What an adorable kitty!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

This story was over and done with last year. Guess those Canadian publications don't pay attention to dates.

From Boston.com -

Story of cat called for jury duty has nine lives

The story of the cat who got called to Suffolk County jury duty just won't go away, says a court official. You might say it has nine lives.

"Sal Esposito," the cat belonging to two East Boston residents, was mistakenly called for jury duty in December 2009 because his owners had listed him as a family member on a city census, said Jury Commissioner Pamela Wood. He was set to appear in March 2010. The error, she says, was quickly corrected.

The story of Sal first appeared about a year ago. But lately, there has been a resurgence in interest, said Wood. She said she had received a wide range of media calls, including queries from Fox News and Today Show on NBC. An Internet search shows a number of recent mentions on the Web.

Wood says it's possible one outlet began the recent stampede when it found the year-old article and mistook January 2010 for January 2011.

“It’s a cute story, the image of a cat appearing for jury duty,” she said. “It’s a cute little human interest story.”

Owners Anna and Guy Esposito didn't return messages seeking comment on the renewed fame of their cat.
    © Copyright 2011 Globe Newspaper Company.