Thread: Hi!

1. Hi!

I'm new here -- joined yesterday to add a quick reply to a topic Lisa/kuhio98 had posted about a kitty a mutual friend is trying to find a forever home for (then I got very confused by a message about a second email for activating the account, reread the FAQ often enough I'm surprised I haven't memorized it, and finally posted hours later when I still wasn't sure I should yet -- and was relieved when the post was approved ).

I have a furkid and a featherkid. The furkid, Rusty, is a marmalade-tabby-and-white DSH, rescued two years ago (September 2008) from my sister's horse farm after his momcat abandoned him. The featherkid is a peach-fronted conure, rescued in December 2002.

My SinbadsMom name, which I've been using since February 2003, honors the cat I lost then. I first used it on a pet loss site where I met Lisa (and was a moderator for a few years) and now use it on my own site and some other boards. I have two other furangels at Rainbow Bridge, Tiger and Frosty. I miss my girls (yes, all three are females; I was asked to name Sinbad before I could bring home the little white kitten -- she'd been pure white at birth -- since the momcat's owner wanted her kids to start calling the kitten by its name, and I'd been told the kitten was male). I'll always miss them. But I cherish Pumpkin and Rusty (whom I rescued three weeks after Frosty went to the Bridge), and they keep things very interesting around here. Pumpkin is often on my shoulder when I'm online -- sometimes commenting, lol. They're both spoiled -- each thinks he's king of the world. They're both mischievous. And I love them both to bits.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Cindy

Hi Cindy! Welcome to you, Rusty and Pumpkin! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Where are you from?

I'm an old time member and live in Denmark with my cat Fister, he is an orange tabby and 14 years old.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

3. Thanks, Randi! I'm in the US, the Midwest.

Fister is gorgeous -- love those pics!

And here's a BIG WELCOME from the CREW
    GILL & Crew;

Hello Cindy, Rusty and Pumpkin and welcome to PT!

I'm Sandie. I live in RI with the crew of 14 you see in my siggy, PLUS one foster bichon, Willy.

Can't believe you have your siggy up already! Good job!

Just jump in on the threads, hop to see you around the boards.

Welcome to Pet Talk, you seem like you'll fit right in here!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Welcome Cindy! I'm glad you found your way to Pet Talk.
    Like you, we are all pet lovers here.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

8. Thanks, Gill! Wow, what a crew! They're beautiful!

Thank you, Sandie! What sweet furbabies in your siggy -- and I love your "flock of fluffs" description for them! Thanks for the kind words about my siggy, too. I had to learn to use image editors several years ago while encouraging members to create artwork to help them heal (the rainbow in my sig, which I added text to just for the sig, is a small copy of a collage I did with Frosty set against a rainbow), but I can already tell looking around your board that many of you are much, much better at this than I am.

Thanks for the welcome, Karen! This is a wonderful board and community you've created here. Pet lovers are the best people.

Thanks, Lisa! I already feel at home here. This is a warm, welcoming site.

Welcome to you, Rusty, and Pumpkin. They're both very pretty. I'm sure you'll like it here. I have 3 pets as shown in my sig. Kay in NC

Hello Cindy! Welcome to you, Rusty and Pumpkin. I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of our world wide community of pet lovers. I am Bill and I have a Tux named Rascal and a Golden/lab named Koko. Between the two of them there is never a dull moment around our house. You can see some of their pictures in my Bio.

Welcome, Cindy, Rusty & Pumpkin! The furkids are adorable!

I'm owned by a tabby/tortie named Pinot, there are pictures of her in my profile. She is rather a character.

Have a great time on PT!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!