Thread: Has anyone see/heard something like this happening?

Has anyone see/heard something like this happening?

Thurs Night was going fine, no different than any other night. I was changing the sheets on my bed with help from the cats. Willow, my orange girl who will be 2 this summer, was sitting in the floor. She looked zoned out, her pupils were as big as saucers and she wouldn't respond to me when I called her name...Scared, I picked her up and put her on the bed and hugged her. She still seemed in another world, walked oddly across my bed and laid down at the head of the bed. Then, she proceeded to put one of her front legs way over her head, then put it back down and put the other one over her head, like a contortionist. She stayed "out of it" for a couple more mins, jumped off the bed and ran downstairs, all the while her back legs looked so strange. By this time I was so upset and crying my neighbor had come over and was holding her. After a bit, she went back to normal, pooped normally a bit after, was playing and walking around fine....This was about 8pm Thurs night and since then she has been completely normal...
    Was this a seizure?
    There was alot of static electricity in the carpet that night, too-just throwing that out there, maybe she didn't like it??
    My neighbor said maybe a spider or something bit her and maybe caused it. I'm keeping an eye on her and if/when something like this happens again I'm taking her to the vet right away...Never in my life of having cats has something this bizarre happened in front of me. I'm still in shock. This is my baby girl.

Aw, Willow!

It does sound like a seizure.

It sounds scary to witness, too. Hugs to you.

It sounds like she had a seizure for sure. And it can understandably freak a cat out when they come out of it. I'd just keep an eye on her for the time being, and see if it happens again, then if it does, time for a vet trip. Make notes of anything different - food, cleaning products, environmental anything, just in case.
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Willow. She had what sounds like a petit mal seizure. All you can do is place her on the floor so she doesn't fall and hurt herself. She'll come out of it, like she did before. I'd definitely take her to the vet. If she does suffer from epilepsy, they'll be able to help her with phenobarbitol. Once they do come out of it, they will tend to freak out.

Also, I wouldn't allow her outside if she's an outdoor cat. If she ever went into a seizure outdoors, a predator can come along and hurt her. Just a friendly word of advice from someone whose friend had a cat with epilepsy.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you all, and Donna, all of mine are indoor only. Too much outside to get them. She is the cat in the bottom signature pic. I'm praying this was just a fluke thing and not an indication of something to come. Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Catcondo View Post
    Thank you all, and Donna, all of mine are indoor only. Too much outside to get them. She is the cat in the bottom signature pic. I'm praying this was just a fluke thing and not an indication of something to come. Poor girl.
    Epilepsy need not be a scary thing, it is often easily controlled with medication and the patient (human or feline) can live a long, healthy life.
    I've Been Frosted

How scary. I sure hope that it's nothing serious and hopefully it was a one time thing. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.