Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back! *new puppy with pics*

I'm back! *new puppy with pics*

Hey fellow PTers! I hope you all have been well! I see there have been lots of additions...and a few losses. I've missed you all and WELCOME to the new PT members!

In the close to a year I've been away a lot has gone on in my life. I live in Nashville,TN with my fiance. Started a new career, bought a car, and lost 100lbs...not even jokin.

Anyway, My biggest upset in the last year is pretty recent. My beloved dog, Chloe is no longer with me. She's not dead. She was rehomed without my knowing. My mother was caring for her at the time and her landlord told her Chloe had to go. Instead of contacting me to see if I could take her back she gave her away to a friend. This was very hard for me when I found out and I thank my VERY great friend(and fellow PetTalker), ReachoutRescue for being there as a friend and shoulder to cry on. My mom never told me where Chloe was, but I think I know. If she's here, she's being well cared for. I will never be able to get her back.

On a good note, I now live in a place where I can have a dog. Because of our loss, my fiance thought it would be a good idea that with our new home, we start over with a new puppy. I miss the show ring, but am far too busy to go to shows right now. I live in a smaller place, in the city. So I needed a smaller dog. After a lot of consideration, I decided on a small white female dog. Something under 5lbs. I of course went the adoption route first. Looking all over my area for a puppy like what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, my perfect puppy was not in a rescue or shelter. I hate to admit it, but I'm buying a puppy. She's arriving on the 21st!

My new puppy is a Chihuahua/Poodle cross. I don't like to use the designer names. She's all white and has blue eyes. She can hear. Here are some pics! Name suggestions would be great!

Isn't she adorable?!?!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Icy came to mind

such a cutie!!

sorry about Chloe.. I totally understand that.. been there too..

glad to see you back!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I saw your siggy in another thread and had to come find the intro thread!
    She is adorable! I have no creative name suggestions for you. But just wanted to say I'm sorry about Chloe. Congrats on the engagement, weight loss and new place to live!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 532pm

Hello, I dont think I have seen you here before so I guess I'm one of the "new ones" although I've been on about a year I think. Sorry about your Chloe. Congrats on losing 100 lbs--been there... done that. I sure hope you can keep the weight off. I think keeping it off is harder than losing it.

Back to your new puppy, she is precious.... so very very cute. I have a chi-rat mix & she is so sweet. Here are some suggestions for names:

Precious.... Angel.... Honey.... Sugar... Sassy.... Taffy.... Muffin

Post pictures as she grows, ok? Kay in NC

Not sure why, but when I looked at her the first name that came to mind was Andi/Andrea. She is cute though!

Niņo & Eliza

Lute, I am terrible with names so may I just say.... awwww, what an adorable puppy! And congratulations on your big weight loss!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sooo cute. And congrats on the 100 lbs... that is an AWESOME feat. Sounds like you've had a very eventful life recently. Congrats on it all, and I am so sorry to hear that Chloe had to be rehomed. I just hope she's being well cared for.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Congrats on your weight loss!!! I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe but I'm glad that you're now able to have another dog in your life. Your new puppy is so adorable. For some reason when I first saw her picture Isis came to mind. I'm sure you'll pick out a great name once you get to know her. Good luck.

kaycountrygal, nice to meet you! Your babies in your siggy are adorable!

Thanks everyone for the nice names and welcome backs! I am so glad to be back!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Aww what a cute puppy!! Glad you back! sorry about your chloe!
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

she's cute, but don't you think its kinda bad to be paying $550 for a mutt??
    also the people you are getting her from seem like a puppymill from their website. i hope they aren't and good luck with her.

@baconffa...wow. As this is your first post, and I couldn't see any way to find out from where this pup came, I guess you know something I don't? $550? Yikes. That is horrible.

Lute,
    Sounds like there has been a lot of changes in your life. Congrats on the 100 lb weight loss. I need to lose weight too but can't seem to get motivated. I am sorry about Chloe. That was very unfair of your mother not to check with you first. Your new puppy is very cute! I have no names for you though.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

It's good to see you back & good luck with your new puppy. I don't have
    any name suggestions, but she sure is cute.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    @baconffa...wow. As this is your first post, and I couldn't see any way to find out from where this pup came, I guess you know something I don't? $550? Yikes. That is horrible.
    Most of the "chipoo"s listed on that site (which looks like a paid classified type thing) are in the $300-$500 range.

While I would never buy one myself it's not my decision and so I have no right to comment on it. I just hope she vets out as healthy and that the breeder has some sort of health guarantee. In the end that's the really important thing.

I hope we get to see pictures of her as she grows up!

Niņo & Eliza