Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding Your Cat

Thanks for everyone's answers! It has given me lots of knowledge as to what sizes of cups and whatnot I should feed.

Starting yesterday morning, I have got them eating 1/3 cup of Science Diet in the morning. And half a can of Fancy Feast in the afternoon, and 1/4 cup of science diet again at supper/nighttime.

Hopefully this will work out and I will see an improvement in Kalypso's bm's. I will give it a few days and see if it changes from diarrhea to normal or not and of course if the blood goes away...and if it keeps happening I will need to take a sample into the vet cause it could be a parasite.

It seem so far that with the feeding and how much, it really probably is difference depending on your cat! Makes ya get to know em more

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Is this a Science Diet prescription food?

Or just the one we buy at PetCo, PetsMart, and so forth? Because this version is not a healthy food for cats.

Here is a cat food rating link, which you may find of interest:
    http://www.petfoodratings.net/cattable.html
    Thanks for the information Freedom. I went and looked at the ingredients in my Science Diet food, and it is still better than alot of Wal-mart brands, but you are right in the face that it's still not the best...and one of the main parts is Corn Meal. I would think since so many people use it, vets say good things about it, people tell me their cat's fur has gotten nicer once on Science Diet, that they wouldn't be able to sell it for 19.00 a small bag if it wasn't good.

It's weird...but I still think it's better than the Special Kitty I was buying them, and it's for Sensitive Stomachs, I guess I will just see how Kalypso reacts to it..so far they really like the food.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo