Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Project 365: (My life - 2011)

Russian Blue made the top twenty this week

http://365project.org/blog/official-...-chart-week-47
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    Lol, thanks for the fav Actually when I joined I started following people when I liked their pictures and I also did not know...I found out afterwards on PT. Well, except for Kirsten, as I recognized her profile pic But it's nice you did not know, it means you did not look at the picture because I was on PT

Sonia, I just have to tell you that I'm deeply impressed by your photos, you're getting better and better! Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Sonia, I just have to tell you that I'm deeply impressed by your photos, you're getting better and better! Wow!!
    Oh, Kirsten, thank you very much! You can't imagine how much I appreciate what you said! It's true that looking at others pictures and styles is giving me a lot of ideas. I learn to have a different look on things. I always used to be very technical (after all, my love for photography started with me learning in books how a camera is made, how the image is formed, how to use aperture, speed, etc.) but I sometimes lack artistic sense for creativity. I'm a scientist, it may explain I guess... So, this projects helps me thinking differently, daring to try non conventional pictures!
    What I like very much in your work is that you are able to make beautiful the simplest and non beautiful things, such as the tube in the 21st April pic. And with just enough editing to make it more beautiful while keeping it real.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Russian Blue made the top twenty this week

http://365project.org/blog/official-...-chart-week-47
    I just see it! Congrats Kass! I never look at this there is so much to see on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    Oh, Kirsten, thank you very much! You can't imagine how much I appreciate what you said! It's true that looking at others pictures and styles is giving me a lot of ideas. I learn to have a different look on things. I always used to be very technical (after all, my love for photography started with me learning in books how a camera is made, how the image is formed, how to use aperture, speed, etc.) but I sometimes lack artistic sense for creativity. I'm a scientist, it may explain I guess... So, this projects helps me thinking differently, daring to try non conventional pictures!
    What I like very much in your work is that you are able to make beautiful the simplest and non beautiful things, such as the tube in the 21st April pic. And with just enough editing to make it more beautiful while keeping it real.
    I know what you mean, it's too often that we forget to find the "essence" of a picture 'cause we're only thinking about the technical stuff. Happens to me also, but 365 kind of brings you "back to the roots". There are many pictures on PP which are not technically perfect, but they are great because they capture a special moment, or an amazing atmosphere..

As for my own pictures: I always tried to find beauty in ordinary things, even in those people consider to be ugly... But my pictures never seem to be "alive", this is what I usually don't like about them.

Dear PT/365ers...

Please meet Theodore, aka Teddy.

His person is Arline Grant, @nonni. She lost the last of three elderly cats about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Teddy's Gotcha Day is April 14, so he has just joined her family. She has shared a lot of photos of him and I think he's absolutely beautiful.

He had his first visit to the veterinarian yesterday. Here he is on the doctor's desk.

I would like to invite her to nominate Teddy for Cat of the Day; do you think that would be okay?

Thank you,
    Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Then there's Toffee, who is the bunny of @lilvicky. Same line of thinking here. Be sure and look over her project because she has 3 or 4 bunnies

Hmmm, we're halfway through it now, but it seems to me that not too many of us are still uploading pics... Sonia, Anna, Kass, and I, looks like we're the only ones left.

Anyway, I'm at 50% now, and I even uploaded a selfie today:

I was on the Project on Saturday and saw that Shadow Dancer had two photos on the Popular Page! Congratulations, Kirsten!

So apparently if you don't go on here for a while they delete your account :/
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I was on the Project on Saturday and saw that Shadow Dancer had two photos on the Popular Page! Congratulations, Kirsten!
    Thank you for mentioning it here! Yes, the one of the mourning statue, and the bokeh accident...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    So apparently if you don't go on here for a while they delete your account :/
    Wow, really? Well, many of the PT people who started in January are no longer posting there; the only ones I still see posting are Sonia, Kass, and Anna...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Wow, really? Well, many of the PT people who started in January are no longer posting there; the only ones I still see posting are Sonia, Kass, and Anna...
    I came back to start posting on my account and it said there was an error when I logged in. Apparently they purge accounts or something that are inactive for a long period of time
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Is anybody still doing this?

I think I'm going to try and do it again next year, I haven't taken pictures in forever and I need some motivation to get creative again.

I opened a new account since my old one was purged!

http://365project.org/bbriana/365
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Is anybody still doing this?

I think I'm going to try and do it again next year, I haven't taken pictures in forever and I need some motivation to get creative again.

I opened a new account since my old one was purged!

http://365project.org/bbriana/365
    Congrats on your new account! Just commented on your picture.

I'm still doing 365, but I have only 2 days left. I think will keep on posting; maybe not every day, but I don't think I'll leave.

I totally fell off the wagon! BIG time. I think I might give it ONE MORE shot for 2012. And I need to stick with it.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred