Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Pox.. not nice..

Chicken Pox.. not nice..

my kid woke up with chicken pox this morning

I know and am glad he got it now as it´s "better" when their young.. what concerns me is the baby..

I had it as a kid so hopefully baby has antibodies from me.. at least until she´s a lil older..

so.. we´ll be put away for a week or so.. although separated from each other.. and tons of antibacterial gel..

and Happy New Year!!..

hoping the new year bring better stuff along..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oh, dear. If the baby does get it, double sock her hands so she cannot itch them. Yes, I, as a kindergartener, brought home chicken pox to my baby brother - he was at least 5 months old though. Boy, did mom NOT love me for that!
    I've Been Frosted

I am sorry to hear this. I, too, would be concerned with the baby. I hope the itching isn't too severe. Do you have benedryl? It might help.

This is now a common vaccine here, or at least I think it is! Don't see chickenpox too much anymore. (At least I don't).

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Both of my kids were kind enough to bring them home from school to share with me many years ago. Well fortunately I must be immune, because I didn't get them either time, and at this late stage in life, I doubt that I ever will. As a kid I had both measles and mumps, so maybe there was some kind of connection to the immunity there?????

Here's hoping your son has a very mild case, and that Ariel manages not to catch them at all.

Oh Dear how horrible.. Can your parents or inlaws keep your son until he gets over it so the baby wont be exposed?? I never had them.. I know alot of people that did have them & they say it is horrible.. Good Luck & Prayers & Huggss.. You all take care & Happy New Years..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I hope Ariel doesn't catch it, this young, too much for her.

Hope your son recovers quickly. All I remember about it is Calamine lotion, lol, to stop the itch.

I had them as an infant

I came home from the hospital with chicken pox. At least that is what I was told, happened. There was an outbreak at the hospital where I was born. I still have the scars on my face (chin area) where the scabs rubbed off and left a nasty indentation or four. I don't even notice them since they have been there forever, for me.

I don't remember the illness but my Mom surely did. She said I was an unhappy camper for days and of course, it looks so nasty when the scabs show and the itching begins.

I hope your son does ok with it. I suspect he will. I bet the baby is getting your immunity via your milk. Good thing. I don't know how it spreads. Not sure if it is a virus - I think it is a virus and if that is the case.....well, prepare yourself. All about chicken pox ----> http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/c...topic-overview

Let us know how this works out for you and I am sure we are all hoping the the chicken pox skips right over you and your baby.

Happy New Year dear ones.

meds: check
    soothing lotion: check
    research: check

I´m taking precautions.. washing hands often.. kids not near one another, etc, etc..

I too read that page amongst a few more others.. yes, it´s a virus.. but supposedly as I had them I´m giving immunization with the milk, so I read and the pediatrician said.. but there´s still a very very rare case when it does happen anyway, hence precautions..

even so.. baby has already been exposed as my kid´s contagious period started a few days before showing the blisters.. but I´m not prolonging exposure..

hopefully she´s gota nice amount of antibodies to avoid til a bit older..
    and that my boy doesn´t itch so much or have any other symptoms.. and heals quickly

when I had it, all I recall was huuuuuuge itch.. but that´s it..
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

I was the last of the three kids to get the pox. My mom learned from the older two what to do. I believe she gave me baths in epsom salt water. It helped the itching. I do not have one single scar anywhere on my body. My brother and sister both do.

Good luck and I hope Ariel does not catch them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, no! I hope your son gets over them quickly and doesn't itch too much, and I hope your daughter doesn't get them now. I had 'em over Christmas break my second year of college. I've got two little round marks in my hair line from particularly itchy lesions.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh yuk.......I had them when I was a kid.
    Yep....keep beautiful baby from it.

"I'm Back !!"

Oh! that's so worrying! I hope your son's chicken pox end soon. My nephew was less than 4months old and he had German measles! I have never had them in my life. I might have them when I grow up which is gonna be terrible...

Prayers for your son. And a little thingy DON'T LET HIM SCRATCH THE POX!!! Their really itchy but they can burst and a mark remains behind, like the one on my nose and on the side of my face. I bursted them...

I had chicken pox myself when Valentine was 2 months old. I was breastfeeding, and she had nothing!! Incubation time is of at least 10 days, so your baby was probably exposed already, before you even know it. I was worried too for Valentine due to her young age, but the doctor told me it would probably not but strong for her. And the time she develops the symptoms, I made enough antibodies, so she was fully protected! So, try not to worry too much
    Doc told me she would protected perhaps for one year, not all life. Indeed, she had it at 2, at the daycare.
    Afterwards, I was scared that I could have had it during pregnancy!...

I hope it's going smooth for your son.

Oh my, CP are not fun. I hope the baby does not get it.

I had them as a kid and will have to post the pic of me with calamine lotion all over my face.

My daughter got the pox first when she was probably about 2 and then my son got them from her.

Epsom salts bath is wonderful! Also, there is an oatmeal bath you can get at the pharmacy.

Make sure you take photos. Your kids will love you when they are adults.

he´s doing ok actually.. not so many "spots".. lol.. maybe like 5-6 on the face.. the rest are mostly on the body.. but still not that many.. he hasn´t had a fever and the lotions seems to help although he hasn´t been that itchy..

I do hope baby is protected as said by doc and your inputs as well as internet research.. lol.. for at least 3-6 months while breastfeeding and by me already having them..

they still are separated just in case..

thank you for your concern

notes-to-my-husband blog