Thread: Dog cries after eating please help

Dog cries after eating please help

Hello,

I have a 2 year jack Russell terrier and it has been 2 weeks now that whenever my dog finishes eating after 10 -15 minutes he starts crying and starts licking him bum it last for about another 15 minutes and then eventually it goes away. I took him to the vet and she couldn't find nothing wrong with my dog which surprises me because it is obvious that there is something wrong with him. She told me it might be a gastrointestinal problem but not even she was to sure about it because she said it is not possible that his food can digest so fast.

I thought it might be an allergy but He has been eating his same food ever since he was little ( beneful) and I don't think out of the sudden he would be allergic to his normal food. The vet said to change his food and recommend medi-cal it did him good for 1 or 2 days and i thought that was it, but then he started doing it again after eating he would lick his bum and start crying.

It breaks my heart to see my dog like this, and the vet doesn't no any better so i was wondering if anyone has experimented this type of problem with their dog too. If so, please let me know what you did and what it was.

thank you,

I would take him to a different vet, plain and simple. But to address on question, yes, he could have suddenly become allergic to something in a food he's been eating all along. Try switching to a very simple (short ingredient list) food, like a lamb and rice one, and see if that helps. I am allergic now to foods I could eat no problem before. And some of my food allergies do cause gastrointestinal distress.

But I do think a second opinion from a different vet would be wise at this point.
    I've Been Frosted

as I read I thought maybe he was eating too fast.. [I´ve had a few dogs that would cry right after eating.. then throw back a lil food.. so I had to make sure they ate slowly..

the thing that throws me off is the bum licking.. it could be his way of showing anxiousness.. or maybe an allergy as suggested.. one other thing that came to mind was if he was dewormed?..

you can try making him eat very slowly to rule that out.. you can deworm him..and you can switch to a less allergic food..

hope you find what´s making him uncomfortable..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I agee with all the suggestions:

- another vet opinion
    - a limited ingredient food. Natural Balance has a line of limited ingredient formulas, here is a link:
    http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dog...s/LambDog.html
    - watch as he eats. If he is gobbling his food, eating too fast, an easy way to slow him down is to put a large rock in his bowl. So he has to work around it for his kibble. (Wash the rock first, ha haa)
    - check his vet records to see if he needs another deworming.

I'm probably way off base with this...

But, I'd definitely get an X-Ray done, just to eliminate any question of an obstruction or some digestive resistant material in the tract.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Mine too!!!!!!

I have been dealing with the exact same thing with my dog! I am so glad to have found your post as I have been at a complete loss as to what to do as well. My dog is also throwing up sometimes after an "episode", does your dog do that too? Anyway, it started after he was neutered and the vet removed his sutures since sometimes dogs can have a reaction to those, but to no avail. She advised we give him benedryl in case it is some other allergy but that didn't work either. Please keep me posted if you find out anything and I will do the same.
    Thanks.

oh yeah

I forgot to mention he has been dewormed and also had an x-ray.