Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So what did you get for Christmas?

I got a $300 check from my parents and a $30 American Express prepaid gift card from a co-worker. My youngest brother and his family mailed me a package on Tues. but it hasn't arrived yet so I'll get another gift some time after Christmas.

I already went ahead and bought myself a few things that I wanted/needed:

2 packages of underwear-They were on sale and I needed them.

BearPaw slippers from Big 5- They were also on sale and I needed new ones. I love them so much that I ended up buying some for a co-worker and my mom too.

Kalib Complete Bedding Set in King Size by Hometrends from Walmart- Although I have a queen sized bed I like to buy king size so that I have plenty of fabic. It comes with one king comforter, two king shams, one king bedskirt, one king flat sheet, one king fitted sheet, and two king pillowcases. It has several different animal prints on it.

Here's the link with a picture of it and I got it for a better price in the store than I would've online. If you put your mouse over the picture it'll enlarge it so you can see it better. Here's the link:http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hometrends...Brown/13269263. I haven't put in on my bed just yet.

I didn't get my cats anything this year because they already have so much.

Sorry if I sound clichéd, but having a lovely Christmas day meal surrounded by my family beats any gift I had, or even may have wanted. .... With the exception perhaps of having Johnny Depp pop in to say hello and give me xmas hug ... oooh the thought..

3. Nothing.

we celebrated it the 24th cuz my brother an a friend of his had to work Christmas day.
    my brother brought up some BBQ ribs an his friend brought delicious side dishes an we had a whole lot of family time which was my favorite part.

as for gift wise i got fudge. fun little magnetic rocks. a adorable little manicure kit with its own matching case. got a couple free survey pets for my main Aion characters as well. an imma bring down my Wii to my brothers place an get a couple Wii-ware games. also hoping to get my hands on the new Golden Eye game

A SJ Sharks Jersey!! Omg I'm in love!
    Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook (yay for being a nerd!)
    Seasons 1-3 of Boy Meets World
    A nice pea coat from my mom
    Lots of clothes
    Chocolate
    Money from grandparents

And lots of other fun little things!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Our daughter gave us two vouchers for any junk food we like(we don't do the junk food thing too often) and a bunning warehouse voucher which is a place you can buy almost anything for your home, we are doing a courtyard, which hubby is working on and is in progress, so will finally have a private area for ourselves and the cats, Yahoo, only been without it for 27 yrs. lol

Our son took us all out to a nice cafe for lunch the week before xmas, so that was special as it was my birthday treat as well, so enjoyed that very much.

I bought a water slide for my oldest great nephew and a little toy for my youngest great nephew.

I made up a big box of goodies for my son and girlfriend all filled with the things they love, we decorated the box with a giant bow and it looked pretty good.

We gave melissa a 30 dollars subway voucher, a nice top she had her eye on,an epilator,a sterling silver ring set,some toberlone chocolates,some sex in the city perfume,(which i also treated myself to a bottle)think that was about all.,and we also gave her boyfriend a 30 dollar subway voucher and a wallet, they just love their subway those two lol.

Hubby and i did not exchange gifts, although i did get him a suduko book, he likes doing those puzzles, and as my birthday was five days before xmas, i went and bought a nice umbrella for the outdoor set, got it a half price, a nice large taupe one which winds up and tilts, so very happy with that.

So yes that is about all.

Nikkita and Ellie-mae got their vaccinations for their xmas present, and Lexie,well she just got our love and continuing care. her is not due until march.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I got my husband home from the hospital with his back fixed!
    I got theatre tickets from my kitty.
    Coop and I don't exchange much; we're very blessed and don't believe it's necessary. He couldn't get around, so I went out and bought myself a new crockpot (the other one was about 30 years old) and cookbook, wrapped it up and called it his present to me.

Sandie-about that ceramic tree? I've wanted one of those forever, too!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I got a wonderfully happy day thanks to many friends, my brother and my cat brats!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- George Strait & Reba McEntire (and Leann Womack) tickets from Mike
    - $100 check from the grandparents
    - Espresso/Cappuchino machine
    - GPS from Mike (he secretly put it under the tree and I had no idea about this gift, until I noticed the name tag on it..)
    - Apple keyboard & magic mouse from Mike
    - Mini Mac (bought it for myself, a big Christmas gift!)
    - Garth Brooks in Nashville (that was my Christmas gift to myself & the boyfriend)
    - Brad Paisley's "Hits Alive" two CD set
    - Starbucks $25 giftcard
    - Modern Family on Season 1 DVD
    - Clothes (the basic needs...)
    - Chipotle giftcard (Better use this up because in 2011, I will be watching what I eat and try to lose weight again..)

That's about it.
    I didn't ask for much so I was surprised this year.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

We spent Christmas day in the Emergency Room. My husband woke up with chest pains and I whisked him over the the hospital by our house without a second thought to the holiday. Turns out that he did NOT have a heart attack, but he does have atherosclerosis and he was not getting enough oxygen to his heart, hence the constriction in his chest. He has been in the hospital for two nights and will have an angioplasty tomorrow.

What did I get for Christmas? A second chance.. . .

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    We spent Christmas day in the Emergency Room. My husband woke up with chest pains and I whisked him over the the hospital by our house without a second thought to the holiday. Turns out that he did NOT have a heart attack, but he does have atherosclerosis and he was not getting enough oxygen to his heart, hence the constriction in his chest. He has been in the hospital for two nights and will have an angioplasty tomorrow.

Cathy
    That's the best gift you could ever (and any of us) could receive. A second chance!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Cathy
    My prayers go out to you and your husband. I know the feeling and I understand your sentiment.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Cathy
    That's truely a christmas miracle. Good luck to both you and your hubby tomorrow!

Thank you for your kind wishes!! Can't wait until he gets home. . .I miss him here where he belongs and Sonny is going crazy looking for his papa. He's even jumping on my shoulder when I walk by his cage. Sonny wants his KISSES!!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Cathy
    Cathy, I'll be thinking and praying for you and your husband tomorrow. Hope all will go well! --- elyse

I got a new cordless phone and a new sweater for work from my mom and dad...
    the new Rod Stewart 2-CD set of American classic songs...
    And a new yummy smelling little candle which I already lit
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cathy
    I'll keep both you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything will go well tomorrow. Please take care. (((HUGS)))