Thread: Goodbye to Socks the kitty

Goodbye to Socks the kitty

My boyfriend's family cat died. Socks was an amazing 22 years old and lived a great long kitty life. He spent his youth hunting all day on the family property. He endured my boyfriend's childhood torture without complaint and always had a raspy little meow and a nuzzle for anyone who happened to wander by. In his last years, Socks had become deaf and blind and was forced to become an indoor cat for his own safety. His condition continued deteriorating for quite some time. Recently his kidneys stopped working and he couldn't go to the bathroom. It was time for him to go and the decision was made to put him down. Socks will be missed, but knowing he is no longer suffering and scared is a comfort. Socks now has his energetic kitten legs back and can spend all day catching mice, without the threat of "little Niki".

pupper-lover,

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Socks. He lived a long, wonderful life with you and I'm sure you have many great memories that will make you smile.

My sincerest sympathy.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

He was blessed to have such a wonderful family that loved him so much.

Socks - you will be missed.

So sorry to hear about Socks. Wow 22 years old, that's great! I hope my kitties live that long. I'm sure he had a great life. You made the right decision by ending his suffering. Now you have a guardian angel kitty watching over you.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Thank you for sharing the tribute to Socks. He sounds like he had a perfect life, long and happy. We all know the pain of the decision that was made, but take comfort in knowing that when the time is right, nothing can be kinder to a life long friend then to be put to peace. My deepest sympathies.

So sorry to hear about Socks. But just by being 22, you can tell he lived a good life, and it sounds like he enjoyed the majority of it, only becoming old and feeble in his last years.

It's like you said, he is now running around on his kitten legs at the RB. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your boyfriend and his family.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm sorry to hear about Socks. It sounds like he gave your family so much pleasure for 22 years. Rest in peace Socks.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I am sorry to hear about Socks passing to the RB. He had a long enjoyable life, is seems, and the family did the ultimate in loving gestures when they helped ease his pain. Thanks for such a lovely tribute to him. Warm thoughts to you, your BF, and his family.

Thank you everyone. I am constantly amazed by the compassion of people on this site. I will pass your kind words and sympathies to my boyfriend. He will greatly appreciate it.

I'm so sorry to hear about Socks passing. It sounds like he had a great life. He must have also been very healthy for the most part to live to be 22 years old. I can only hope that my cats will live that long. Now he's free of pain and can play again like a kitten at RB. Rest in peace Socks. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your boyfriend, and his family.

I am so sorry about Socks passing I bet your boyfriend was devistated, too. 22 years is nice and long, so I be that is of some comfort.

Socks, please say HI to my labbie, Beener, for me. Thanks.

What a wonderful life Socks had!!! That must have been one loved fellow to live so long and to be so healthy for so much of his life.

Please express our sympathy to your boyfriend and his family. It is never easy to lose one, even when you know they have had such an unusually long life.

Puppylover - thanks for telling us about Socks, please let your boyfriend and his family now how we all feel for them.
    What a wonderful life Socks had - 22 years old - thats great.

So pleased he went peacefully and with so much love - he'll be so happy at R.B. with all our pets who will be meeting him there.xxx

Lynne

I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Socks. Oh, how I would have loved to have my cats for 22 years. It sounds as though his life was so perfect and he was so well loved, that he was able to be with you for so long.

Please express my sorrow to your boyfriend and his family. I know that Socks will be greatly missed by everyone. I hope you can take comfort that he is now at the Rainbow Bridge in wonderful health and giving the angels those nuzzles.

Prayers for all of you who knew and loved Socks. I wish every cat had such a loving home and family.