Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Phred has Passed, the Prayer Pups join our family & funeral news (pg. 13)

Thank you Staci for calling me last night and letting me know, sorry I broke down at the end.

My dear Phred,
    I can barely write this through my tears.

I know that your finally out of pain, and for this I am truly glad. You've suffered for such a long time. I try and tell myself this every time I start to cry but the tears still come.

I know there are soooo many pets at the bridge who were so very happy to see you arrive. I'm sure they all welcomed you, and you in turn reached in your treat bag and rewarded them

I remember the last time I hugged you at the park and you told me it would probably be the last time you'd see me. I was hoping that it wouldn't be true, but alas...it was

This world will be a lot more empty without Phred the fireman.

RIP dear friend.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I am just so sad. I can't ever find the words to express how much Phred meant to me. He helped me through two of the darkest periods of my life as well as the greatest joy. Never had an email or phone call with him that didn't leave me uplifted. In person meetings were the best. He held it all together for many of us, many times, his loving nature was a true testimony to his faith. He was a remarkable man, and a good friend. I will miss him so very much. Say hello to all of our pets and loved ones. Enjoy your reunion with your mom.

I had very little interaction w/Phred but what I did have was very encouraging and I came to know him through his posts and the testimonials of others. It's difficult to see someone suffer as Phred did towards the end and especially at this time of year b/c we want everyone to be filled w/joy and hope. Now, at least, he's at rest and is enjoying a wonderful reunion w/his critters and all those that he had helped down through the years. Phred, you will be missed around here but we are so glad that you are now at peace and can really and truly exhale.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Our friend Phred and Cinder and Smokey:

Phred with Cinder and Smokey
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sad to see this post today.....my thoughts are with his family and everyone here who knew him.

Phred rest in peace.

Melissa

I've been looking through my old pics from the times we spent with phred, then LES sets in again. What a special man... Im glad he's out of pain, the last time I talked to him in the hospital he sounded so, so bad. Hate to think of him feeling so miserable.

I posted about Phred on our blog today, he always comments there. I imagine he's still going to keep tabs on all of us, he just has a better view point from "up there."

Mom of fuzzyfaces - that is a wonderful photo of Phred, Cinder, & Smokey! Do you mind If I put it on my blog?

I can't express what I feel right now. The impact Phred had on those who have already written reflects what is in my heart. I hope that in some way we can get together to provide some assistance to those who will step up to take in the beings he cared about the most....his beloved critters.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I am so sorry. Rest in peace, dear Phred.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    Thank you Staci for calling me last night and letting me know, sorry I broke down at the end.
    No worries. I held it together until I got home then and now am drowning my keyboard.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm so sorry to hear this...Rest in peace, Phred.

Phred,
    You always knew what to say, you offered the best advice about life, relationships, etc. I'll always remember you and I'm sad I have never had the chance to meet you, but I feel like I already have. Bless you, and godspeed. I'm sure Benny, Anna, and Rosie have greeted you along with so many of our loved RB pets!
    Last edited by CountryWolf07; 12-16-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

R.i.p.

Rest in peace Phred. You were loved by many. My dear baby boy Griffin, I am sure was at the bridge to greet you. You will be deeply missed.

I'm on here in tears again. At least we can all take comfort in knowing there's someone wonderful to take great care of our pets who have crossed over. I'm sure he's met Reggie and Smokey by now. I found my pics from my two trips to Findlay, it was bittersweet looking at them. There's some RB doggies too which I'm sure Phred is taking care of now. Miss ya Phred, you were one of a kind, wish I had the chance to see you one last time.

Is there any possibility of establishing some sort of memorial to Phred at the Findlay dog park? A bench or something, with a plaque? I'd surely contribute to that.

I'm sitting here in tears again. Luckily I'm still at home. I feel like I've lost a member of my own family. He has touched so many peoples lives in such a positive way. The world was a better place with him in it. We have lost not only a wonderful member of PT but a beloved caring great man. I'm just so lucky to have known such a man.