Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Phred has Passed, the Prayer Pups join our family & funeral news (pg. 13)

Dearest Phred--
    You were my friend. You were so darn funny. You were tough as nails, but as sweet as a cookie. You left this earth way too soon. God must have needed you and your delightful soul.

I will never forget you. Pet Talk will never be the same without you. The world will never be the same without you. I wish you didn't have to leave, but I'm glad you are at peace. You certainlly didn't deserve an ounce of pain. You were an earth angel and now you're God's angel.

Enjoy your wings, you dear, dear man. Please say hi to my dad, my grandma, and my dog Graham (who loved you and your endless dips into the cookie bag you wore around your waist).

With love forever,

Leslie
    Last edited by AdoreMyDogs; 12-17-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    I really like the idea of a plaque as well.
    I have a feeling now that he is free of a hindering body he is soaring all over the world visiting all the PT people he never got to meet or hasn't seen in a long time.
    What a beautiful thought, Staci! I'll be listening for a tap on the window, a noise on the roof, or just a loving feeling in the air, and I'll know its Phred.

This is floating around facebook and I just had to post it here.

God saw u getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around u and whispered come with me. With tearful eyes we watched and we saw u pass away. Although we love u dearly, we could not make u stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove, he, only takes the BEST."
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    This is floating around facebook and I just had to post it here.

God saw u getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around u and whispered come with me. With tearful eyes we watched and we saw u pass away. Although we love u dearly, we could not make u stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove, he, only takes the BEST."
    Amen! That's beautiful, Staci.

Staci, that is perfect for Phred - thank you for posting it.

I am so sorry for your loss.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I'm just now seeing this I can't believe he's gone. He was such a big part of Pet Talk and had a hearteven bigger than Texas. So very sad.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm so sorry to hear of Phred's passing. He really was a fixture of this place, with his Prayer Pups and moral support to all who needed it. I guess the LORD needed another storyteller in Heaven to spell Jonza.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Heaven has gained an absolutely wonderful PT'er. Phred, oh there are just SO MANY wonderful things to say about him... I really like what Sandra posted, she definitely covered it all. He was the sweetest man, and we are sure going to miss him.

We love you, Phred.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I posted on the memorial thread, but I wanted to post here too. I am so sorry to hear of John's passing. He was indeed a one of a kind man.

I am so glad to hear that Diane, and Carl are taking his pets into their homes, and that they are staying on Pet Talk. We will know at least how they are doing. I know they are getting a good home too! John would be so pleased to know where they are. I know he is watching from heavens gate, and smiling.

John, you are going to be missed by all of us here at Pet Talk, if you see Corrina up there, tell her I said hi, and I miss her. You were such a big part of Pet Talk, John, there will be an open space here for always.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Spent a good part of the day today thinking of John. And really wishing that I knew him better like so many of you do. Gosh, I am sure going to miss that sweet, kind-hearted man.

Kaitlyn (the human)

I wanted to let every one know that the Prayer Pups are home with us now. Carl and I went on Friday to get them from Phred's good friends and neighbors, Pat & Joan. It was a 3 1/2 hour trip but Joan had a delicious lunch waiting us. When we walked in the door, both Cinder and Smokey came up to us to be greeted. I think Joan was a little surprised that they remembered us. I am having trouble posting pictures but Smokey sat right down next to Carl and waited patiently for him to pet him. Joan had called us in the morning to let us know that we would only be bringing two dogs back - Heidi's original owners came and got her once they had heard Phred had passed. We obviously have mixed feelings about that. While being a little relieved that we had one less dog to add to our family of 4 fur kids, we were also disappointed because we knew that Phred loved Heidi too and the idea of having all of them had really grown on us.

Joan and Pat are wonderful people - obviously very good to Phred and his pups. We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with them and telling Phred stories. Pat was a fireman with Phred but they were surprised to find a side of him they didn't know. Joan was shocked to hear that Phred had arranged firemen to visit Staci and friends when she was visiting in California. They didn't know about the "Prayer pups, clam juice or many of the other "Pet Talk" stories. In some papers Phred made out when he had the heart surgery in 2006, he said that the would not know much about this side of him - he "had never invited them to join because he didn't want them to know what a total FruitCake I was."

We didn't begin our trek home until about 4:30 or 5:00. It was kind of strange but I had a feeling that the dogs knew we had come to get them. The way they greeted us, the way Smokey attached himself to Carl, And the way Cinder got up with his front paws on my lap and into my face a couple of times. In fact, one time I thought they were telling us it was time to go. I have no doubt Phred had visited them and told them that we were going to be taking care of them and it was okay if they loved us too. They are such great riders. They laid down in the back seat and we did not hear a word from them.

When we arrived home, our crew was very happy to see us. They were a little uncertain about us bringing Cinder and Smokey with us. They were kind of liking the extra attention as our numbers were going down. But, (knock on wood) everything has gone wonderfully. No disagreements, no growls, no fights. It seems as though they have always been here.

Cinder and Smokey always slept with Phred and I was a little concerned about that as Dazzi and Taggert sleep with us now and a queen size bed doesn't really allow the room for more dogs to share our bed. Joan and Pat did not allow them to sleep with them so they haven't tried so far. The first night they slept in the family room on the couch. Tucker sleeps out there in a crate so they all seemed okay with that. The second night they started off in the family room again but when I got up in the morning, they were both sleeping in the hallway outside our bedroom door. Last night, Cinder slept next to Carl on the floor. Smokey moved to the living room. It is kind of interesting to watch them adjust.

We have been leaving Dazzi, Taggert, Smokey and Cinder loose in the house when we are gone and at night. That has been going wonderfully well too. I think our decision was the right one. They seem to fit right into our family! And we are very glad to have them with us!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

You are both amazing people - thank you for taking Cinder and Smoke into your lives. Those poor pups must be missing their Dad and to have two wonderful people who care about them come to 'take them home' is surely a big relief for them. I have no doubt they were ready to go Having great new buddies to play with will help immensely. All your pups are so well loved and cared for - a natural transition. Phred must be beaming

Welcome home Cinder and Smoke
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Funeral News

Phred's funeral will be on Wednesday, December 29th at 11:00 am at the Methodist church in Berlin Center, Ohio. Right now his body is at the Love Funeral home. I just realized I have neither address but will get as soon as possible. He didn't want flowers so donating to Pet Talk, Angels for Animals in Canfield, Oh; Best Friends in Utah or another Animal Rescue Site or the Berlin Township Volunteer Fire Dept. (Staci has volunteered to deliver that in person if you send her your donation!)

He is going to be cremated and his wishes were that his ashes be divided in 3 - one to go to where his stone is, one to go to the Findlay Dog Park and one to go to my son's tree that Pet Talk donated when he died. They will be buried under one of the trees in the Park near to where Binx's bench sits.

I've thought about this and prayed about this and I have decided that I will take donations for the dogs care since several have volunteered. Carl and I have had changes in jobs over the last five years and we are not doing as well financially as we once were. It takes a lot of money to care for six dogs - Heartworm pills, shots, licenses but most of all unseen vet bills. We have had to pay out a lot in vet bills with Snoopy and Jack's illnesses. I feel I can't add that stress to Carl at this time. Any money you donate will go in a checking account for the care of Cinder and Smokey - not my dogs. As I said it will be used to buy the things they need now and for any vet needs in the future. They are 10 and 11 years old - hopefully as they age they will remain healthy but we can't count on that. Cinder is taking meds for a thyrod problem but I do not know how much that costs cause she has enough for now. If you pm me, I will tell you where to send the money.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Wow, you and Carl are angels! I know Phred is looking down, smiling, and is so thankful that you two have welcomed Cinder and Smokey into your family. God Bless you both!

Kaitlyn (the human)