Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet people, please help us 2010!

Pet people, please help us 2010!

If you are a child, this message is not for you.

Now more than ever we need your help. There are two basic ways to combat this problem. We either need a different method to pay for our websites or we need a lot more visitors.

1) For the people who are willing and able, we are accepting donations here.

2) We know there are millions of people on the Internet who love pets as much as you and I do. Perhaps, you could invite your friends or family who would enjoy Pet of the Day, Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day, and Pet Talk to visit.

There are so many ways you can share the fun! From things as simple as telling any pet people you know, to contacting friends with a link. Those of you who are more tech-saavy, we'd love links on any websites you have, any tweets about us, and for you to retweet our daily posts to your followers. If you have a blog, pretty please mention our sites and link to us.

As people have suggested in the past, we will be considering selling items like T-shirts and tote bags in the new year. We are not considering charging for membership. Please comments and suggestions to this thread on Pet Talk or send them to info @ Petoftheday.com

Pet of the Day - http://PetoftheDay.com
    Cat of the Day - http://CatoftheDay.com
    Dog of the Day - http://DogoftheDay.com

Pet Talk - http://PetoftheDay.com/talk
    Pet Talk - http://PetTalk.com

Twitter: @petoftheday, @catoftheday or @dogofthedaycom

iGoogle gadgets
    I've Been Frosted

I'll be able to send something by the end of the year!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hi Karen,
    I work in an office where animal lovers are in a definite majority. In fact, my office is doing a collection of food, toys, blankets, and pet care items for our local no-kill shelter and about 4 boxes have already been filled.
    Every morning a few of my co-workers come by & we start our day with the dog, cat, and pet of the day. Ours is a high stress job and this gets us off on a positive start. Your link is shared with everyone.
    Yours is the only website I ever come to. My experience with computers has been extremely negative, this is the only place I trust.
    Please watch your mail. Something will be coming from Groucho, Soncat, and me.
    PT is the only positive computer experience I've ever had. Thank you for that!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    PT is the only positive computer experience I've ever had. Thank you for that!
    Oh, thank you! Tell your coworkers they are welcome to submit their pets for Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day, too! Kisses to the kitties!
    I've Been Frosted

I made a tiny donation. Hopefully next payday we'll be able to make a bigger one.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

As I have done the past few years, I will be making a donation. But I have to wait until I am finished buying Xmas gifts. So either by the end of the month or beginning of the year. I don't know what I would do without Pet Talk!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Now more than ever we need your help. we need a lot more visitors.
    Is just having more people VISIT Cat of the Day, etc., enough?

Had a little left in my savings so I sent a small donation. Will send more later!! This place is THE BEST EVER!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    Is just having more people VISIT Cat of the Day, etc., enough?
    It will certainly help! Everything does add up in its way ... And thanks everyone!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen as always I will be sending you a check by mail from Me & Uncle Gary (catmandu) ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

After all the donations we received to help with Roxey's surgery, you bet we're more than happy to pay it forward!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks everyone! And if anyone is sending something by regular mail, don't forget to include a note as to your Pet Talk username! Often I know, but sometimes it's a complete mystery to me! At least when folks contribute electronically, I get their email address, so can "recognize" them that way!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen,
    Donation coming your way .... thanks so much for a great site, a great place to meet new friends who love their pets as much as I do.

Cheers
    Michelle
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I'll be sending something your way by mail. I look forward to seeing PT shirts and other things too and I'll most likely buy several things.

I linked to DOTD from my blog - used the header there to make a button.

Karen, I'm making a donation in Memory of Phred.
    PT was so important to him, and those wonderful picnics in Findlay is where I got to meet so many of the PT family (you & Paul included!).

You have really created something special here.

I'm sending a small amount each month - I just sent the first one by paypal. It will say "cybersibes", (you know who we are!)