Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your Pet steal your food?

Does your Pet steal your food?

Over the years, my cats have been considerate about not stealing food.
    However, one time....table was set including the salads. My yellow cat Jerry, could NOT resist the bay shrimp on top of my salad. Not my mother's salad, just mine.

Haha! Jerry what a cute thing to do! Thats so sweet!

My doggy One Down, he doesn't steal food like look at it and then your face and start begging, what he does is that when's he's outside in the balcony and the door's closed, he looks at us and sits there wagging his tail, smiling and he's looks real sweet and even if he just did the world's terrible mistake, you'll forget it all! So, I give him a little treat

Austin B. is a PIG!!! I have to eat standing up most of the time.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Out of all my "kids", only two of the cats are prone to steal your food...

Adelaide is the worst about this! Then again, you can't leave her in a room alone for more than five minutes without coming back to some kind of chaos. She'll try to steal the food right from your fork if she gets the chance.

Despite Khaith being a rather ... hefty... cat, he only tries to steal yogurt. I think he could hear me opening up the cup if he were a mile away!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

This thread has me laughing because... although my cat doesn't steal food, she insists on having some of mine if it's something she likes (for example, chicken!). The only time I've ever caught her stealing was when I left a stick of margarine uncovered on the table, went to answer the door and when I came back, she was up on the table licking it. My guests have cats too and they said, "Get a camera!"
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Austin B. will walk right up to me as I'm EATING it and take the freaking bologna out of my sandwich!!! I mean, REALLY!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Jerry you have good taste liking shrimp! He was probably full after he ate the shrimp from one salad and he knew you couldn't get mad at him so that is why he chose yours.

My cats do not steal food, but Buddy will put his paw in my drink if I have a glass of milk.

Also, Buddy will tap me on the arm or hand if I am eating something he would like a bite of.

When my cousins' were little, their home was made in a way that the cats (street) could easily come inside their home, now the cats practically started living in their veranda. So, once my cousin went inside to do something, leaving her glass of milk outside, when she came back a little cat was quietly drinking her milk and then swiftly ran away!

My dogs would steal food in a heartbeat. Don't walk across the room with food in your hand, Jake can jump high! My cat(s) never stole much food, although they were caught on the counter looking for something that was hidden in the microwave.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Steal food??? - NO

Beg for what all the humans are eating like they are starving and hadn't eaten in a month??? - MOST DEFINITELY

Mikey definitely would if given the chance. He grabs anything that drops on the floor in less then 2 seconds, anything that falls is FAIR game for him! He begs to, but he's never stolen FOOD off the table. Stealing stuffed animals, pillows, towels, cooking mittens, sponges, shoes, bras, underwear? - he's a champ at that It's ALWAYS for attention.

My cats have all been pretty good about not stealing food until Alani & Blaze came along. These two will eat anything they can get their paws on. They get so excited about their own food that if I add some canned food to their dry, I have to lock them in the bathroom first or else they'll keep trying to jump up and get it. They still have to eat in the bathroom while my other cats eat in the dining room/kitchen area. They'll be 8 months old on Dec.30th. I wonder if they'll ever out grow being so food aggressive.

One time I was eating a vegetarian pizza and I left it on the dining room table for a minute while I went into the kitchen to get a drink. I came back to find my that my RB Starr was attacking it and he ran off with some brocolli in his mouth. It also had some cheese on it so I'm sure that this is why he liked it so much. I learned to never leave my food if he was around.

Toby steals food any chance he can get. In fact I have to put dirty dishes directly in the dishwasher after making dinner or else he'll hop in the sink and lick them as soon as I exit the room. He thinks he's being sneaky when he jumps up in my lap if I'm sitting down eating something. He's funny to watch though. He'll often sit on the other side of Havoc's bowl while Havvy is eating and occasionally stretch out a paw to try to snatch a kibble out.

But there is but one undeniable rule in our house when it comes to food: Floor food is Toby food! If something falls on the floor he's on it before you can even blink. One of the funniest scenes ever was when my boyfriend was cooking sausage patties and somehow dropped one on the floor. It reminded me of a bullfight how my boyfriend was bent over and spinning in circles trying to pick it up with one hand and trying to deflect a very determined Toby with the other. He'd shove Toby across the kitchen floor a few feet (it's tile, no kitty harm done) and Toby would just come charging back as soon as he got his footing again. I probably shold have helped, but I was too busy laughing.

OMG! Toby is such a clever little kitty! That's so sweet and funny of him!

Kiri is a natural born thief. She has not forgotten her street life and will steal whatever she can get to- and boy is she fast!
    Orion was so well behaved when Kiri moved in but he begins to learn