Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the New Rescue Dogs! All Nine of Them!

Meet the New Rescue Dogs! All Nine of Them!

Wow, busy day yesterday! I got nine new rescue dogs in at once, all from a puppy mill in Missouri.

A Boston terrier named Abe, a dachshund named Joey, two chihuahuas named Pepper and Marmalade, and five Italian greyhounds named Zelda, Camy, Gucci, Crystal and Jewel.

Poor things.

So, anyone looking for a new doggie or two?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abe3.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	46467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joey2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	46468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarmaladePepper.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	46469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrystalJewelJoe.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	46470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldGreyhounds1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	46471  

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh, goodness! Bless you for takin' em all in! And they are all elf-size - maybe they will find new homes for Christmas ... or New Years!
    I've Been Frosted

Wowee! Nine at once is so brave. Hope they all settle down and get on together and very quickly find furever homes!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Wow! Nine! Bless you for taking them. I hope they all find good homes quickly.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Holy Cow, adding NINE all at once to your fur family!

Blessings to all of them, and to you for fostering them. I pray they recover from their prior life and land in wonderful furever homes!

lovely puppers!!

perhaps you need 5 more IG´s for your sled team.. hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Five IG's?! Wow. Just... wow.

Twisterdog, how are they doing? Could you pet them for me, please?

Also-- what happens now? Do you get help from rescue groups to place them in homes? Do you have enough food for everyone?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I would totally take an Italian Greyhound, but that's not exactly my choice.

They are all gorgeous, and I just love the pics! Post more whenever you get the chance. Thanks so much for rescuing the babies. They're all beautiful.

The IGs sleeping in your honey's arms made me weep. What cuties! You are so sensational. Your halo is sparkling!

I've been Boooo'd!

Well, they are doing ok, considering where they came from.

None of them have the faintest idea about housetraining. The dachshund is blind in one eye, looks like an untreated injury at some point in the past. The smallest IG has a horrible limp from a broken leg that was probably left to heal on its own. She is also vastly underweight, you can see every bone in her body. The three old IG girls have no teeth, literally. They have tumors and arthritis, from sleeping on concrete for years. They are between 10 and 12 years old, and I'm sure they have had between 20 and 24 litters of puppies, each. They are pitiful.

I pretty much AM the rescue group around here. I got these guys through my friend who rescues in Utah. But she has the other half of this group ... more IGs, bishons and min pins.

Yeah, my hubby pretends to be macho, but he's a softie. He carries the little IG around all the time like a baby so she doesn't have to walk.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

11. Awww theyre all so cute
    bless you for taking them all in. now theyll all get a chance to enjoy life like they should of been able too all along

if your hubby wants to be more convincing of being macho then he shouldnt fall asleep with little ones in his lap as well LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    Well, they are doing ok, considering where they came from.
    Oh, Twisterdog! This just breaks my heart in two. Your halo is shining bright! BIG prayers for these 9 sweeties.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Twisterdog,

I LOVE giving a homeless pet a home for Christmas. Makes my heart shine.

The pups are beautiful. The Boston Terrier reminds me of my grandmother's dog Buttons. She took him EVERYWHERE!!!! Dressed him up too!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! and THANK YOU!!!!

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Rescuer

You have an amazing heart! Bless you for giving these sweet dogs a temporary home. Hoping for forever homes!

Lenore
    Chica's Mom

Twisterdog, how are the nine rescue dogs doing? And- could you please give some hugs to your dogs for me?