Thread: I can't believe...

I can't believe...

people steal bikes right from in front of other's homes!!! Our bike was stolen this morning. It was locked up RIGHT IN FRONT of my apartment. Do people just not care anymore??? They cut the lock. Urrgh. It just makes me so angry. I wish we could just round up all the idiot people in this world and dispose of them. I am so sick of people stealing, lying, etc. Geez. I really hope the world is a bit better when my children get older.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Also, the worst part is, I think it was my brother who did it! Every time he is over something weird happens. Last time my brother was here I left for a bit and came home to find my screen door to my window pulled out. He was here last night for a potluck. I thought I saw the bike but I really can't remember when the last time I saw it was. I think Alex saw it last night tho because he would have mentioned it if he hadn't. My brother was still next door at a neighbors when we both went to bed. So it could have been stolen anywhere from last night to this am. I just don't understand how people have the guts to do stuff like this. It is not nice.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That does totally suck!

Can you bring the bike in to the front hall or a room in your place?

Too bad you can't electrify the next bike and wait for the profanity to break out! LOL

Does anyone live with your brother and can say if he got a "new bike"?

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Do report it, and maybe you will get it back, I hope if it was your brother, his conscience will kick in, and he'll return it. Ask the police if there are any shops you should check that tend to get suspicious merchandise.

It is sad, our sympathies. Keep checking places like craiglist, in case someone decides to try to sell it.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do report it, and maybe you will get it back, I hope if it was your brother, his conscience will kick in, and he'll return it. Ask the police if there are any shops you should check that tend to get suspicious merchandise.

It is sad, our sympathies. Keep checking places like craiglist, in case someone decides to try to sell it.
    Bike thefts are so common here, the police rarely take any time to deal with complaints

PM me what your bike looks like and I'll keep an eye out. There are few private parties in my neighborhood that sell a TON of bikes so you never know. I had a bike stolen from me as well this year and it baffles me too.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That's a shame. People can be so ignorant!

I'm glad I live in a rural area and don't have to worry about things like this. Been here 40 years and never had anything stolen. We even used to leave our doors unlocked at night, but I'm not comfortable doing that anymore tho.

My next door neighbor had a snow mobile stolen from an unlocked shed, but that's the only thing that I'm aware of. It's really very safe here when I see what goes on in other areas.

Stealing?..This is just too crazy, stealing is way, way too low! Why do people even need to do that? Can't they buy stuff instead?! I'm sure the thief had enough money to buy a bicycle, this is just way too lame to steal a person's bike. Uggh! some people make me sooo mad!
    Sorry to hear your bike got stolen. Hope you find the culprit and you find your bike. Its real sad some people are just too stupid that they steal things instead of buying it themselves. When I was in Grade 2 I stole something of my class fellow, later I felt so terrible that I never stole anything again. I guess some people who keep doing one act get used to it and they don't feel bad after doing

Prayers that you get your bicycle back and its in a good position,
    Some thieves even re-new the ride they stole. Like our car, it was I think plain Maroon nothing on it and somebody stole it and later I think one of our family members told us that there was a car somewhere which was ours and when we saw it my parents said, nah! that's not our car and other stuff, but the truth was, they had totally changed it! There were stickers and spray paints and so many other things done on it! Still praying you find your bicycle in its proper position, good and well and they haven't done anything to it.

Cass, I'm sorry to hear this. I know how it is though. Nothing is safe any more. Even though I live in a security building and my front door isn't exposed to the outside but to a hallway, I can't hang anything nice on my front door. The last time I hung a very pretty Christmas weath, it got stolen. I couldn't believe it. Some one who lives in my building stole it.

People at my work have also had their lunches stolen before. We have a huge refrigerator where people store their food, drinks, lunches etc. Several people have had their lunches stolen. I had a diet coke and an apple stolen before and the bag that it was in had my name on it. People just don't care any more. Things are getting worse not better.

Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36 View Post
    Bike thefts are so common here, the police rarely take any time to deal with complaints

PM me what your bike looks like and I'll keep an eye out. There are few private parties in my neighborhood that sell a TON of bikes so you never know. I had a bike stolen from me as well this year and it baffles me too.
    It's a red Motiv mountain bike with not so good breaks. We didn't have the numbers written down anywhere so we can't report it. And no photos of it. =/ It was stolen off Rustic Place (by Coburg road 711/blockbuster/sun automative) in Rustic Manor apartments, if you are familiar with that area.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Also, here in Eugene there is a HUGE bike theft problem. No one really cares to listen about it as it happens every day, all the time. It's the big thing here in this city.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    People at my work have also had their lunches stolen before. We have a huge refrigerator where people store their food, drinks, lunches etc. Several people have had their lunches stolen. I had a diet coke and an apple stolen before and the bag that it was in had my name on it. People just don't care any more. Things are getting worse not better.

I just don't get it. How can anyone do such a thing? Geez. I remember when I was a little girl the gardeners stole our large decorative rocks from our garden. My mom was so pissed. It's beyond me how someone can steal something like a rock.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I have a stolen bike story for you! I have a guy friend who's bike was stolen off his front porch one night. He called and reported it stolen, then forgot about it because he knew he'd never see it again.. WRONG!

One day he was at wal-mart and a guy on a bike darn near ran right over him and he had to grab the bike to keep the guy from falling.. At a glance, he KNEW that was his bike so he kicked the guy down and yelled at someone to call the police... He got his bike back that day!

I know how you feel though, someone broke into my car one time and stole the speakers out of it and was scared off before they got the radio. I had worked 2 jobs for 2 years to buy that car and I would have killed them if I could have gotten my hands on whoever broke into my car!

To lazy to work, they want to steal what somebody else worked for! LAZY BUMS!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

HAHA. Sucka! He got what was coming to him.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

14. Im sorry to hear about your bike. =< but it doesnt surprise me in the least.

someone stole our plastic lawn roosters that we had nailed onto our gate posts. whoever did it went through awful lot of trouble to do so too cuz they were nailed in good.
    i also know some people who have had their gates stolen cuz they didnt install them properly so we lucked out there...

also someone broke a window out of my moms car an stole her ashtray.
    i kinda laugh about that. my mom woulda gave it to the person had they asked.