Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I could use your opinion

I could use your opinion

I know its been a while, but I have been busy making stuff for Christmas. The one thing has been crocheting blankets. I made one for mom and I am not quite sure what I think.

I like the colors -- bright jewel tones. But will mom? She's typically bland and neutral, but her livingroom is dark and in need of brightness. Her sofa is hunter green with little burgundy and gold dots. The chair is burgundy, and the other is gold. All 3 colors are in the throw in a vareigated way.

Throw on my tan chair (the color is really accurate here)

and on my brown sofa (the color is a bit muted here)

Stretched out to see the stripes

I need to know if its too garish or just right. I am never this wishy-washy! Ugh!

I think it should look nice in her room, and hopefully she'll love it, both for its color and because you made it for her!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, I am SO sorry to tell you this, but I don't think she will like it at all.
    Perhaps you should send it to me??

I think it is beautiful. AND, if her room is drab...it is just the thing to pick it up a little. You may be surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Oh, I am SO sorry to tell you this, but I don't think she will like it at all.
    Perhaps you should send it to me??

I think it is beautiful. AND, if her room is drab...it is just the thing to pick it up a little. You may be surprised!
    LOL, I was going to say.....that would look GREAT in my living room!!!
    I do not think it is too garish at all. I think it is very nice.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm with Johanna, she will not like it at all, but I love it!!! I can pick it up any day you'd like, lol.

I think it will definitely brighten up what she has from what you describe. It looks so comfy and soft!!

I think the colours are wonderful! They will brighten and warm up her room in a very nice way.

Are you selling these? Rent a table at a Christmas market and you'll sell out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

LOVE the jewel tones, very bright and cheery!

But Mom is not going to like it. And Johanna, Cindy and Jenn are going to find it too bright for them in fact. So just send it along this way if you please!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    LOVE the jewel tones, very bright and cheery!

But Mom is not going to like it. And Johanna, Cindy and Jenn are going to find it too bright for them in fact. So just send it along this way if you please!
    Stop.
    All you women are way too hooked on colors, styles and stuff like that.

A man would fricking love to wrap himself up in one while watching football on a cold Sunday during the winter. I'll take it off your hands and PAY for the shipping, too!

I LOVE it!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I think it is absolutely beautiful, just stunning. And I bet your mom will be deeply touched and pleased that you made this especially for her.

If she doesn't like it, I'm getting in line for it too .
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It is BEAUTIFUL!!! If she don' like it, it sure would brighten up my living room too, so put my name on that backup, list just in case!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It is absolutely beautiful. Now, have you taken the hint and decided to start making these for a living - and advertise in Pet Talk marketing department?

Your Mom is going to love it - how dear of you to make it for her.

Merry Christmas

I love it too. See what you started Kim. Now everyone wants one. How long did it take you to make it?

14. Oh i likey!

i wish i knew how make those.

I keep trying to reply to this thread and my internet keeps kicking me out.

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure.... now I'm making one for me, and I think its too drab. Can't make me happy, can you?

It takes me about 2 weeks to make. I just sit and crochet while watching tv, instead of surfing the internet. I looked online at the yarn manufacturer's website and they have patterns for "6 hour aphgans" Um, they look just like mine, so what am I doing wrong? I'm self-taught thanks to an internet video tutorial. My first was was painstakingly boring. Mind numbing. Awful. It turns out that I was using the wonrg crochet hook. Bought hte right one and violla -- I enjoy it!

Seriously, I could use extra mnoney, so if anyone is interested, PM me