Thread: Hi :)

Hi :)

Hello to all - I'm new to Pet talk. My name is Elisabeth and I am a married, mom to one human daughter and three doggie daughters. I am an IT consultant by trade, but currently am working as a SAHM.

Our dogs are Emma, a 14 year old yellow-lab mix, Bella our 1 yr old long haired chihuahua and Zoe, our newest addition - she's a 4 month old miniature aussiedoodle (mini australian shepherd/mini poodle mix). Both smaller dogs are black and tan (tri-color), so they kind of look alike in that respect. We love their little brown eyebrows! Two of our dogs (both of the mutts) are rescue dogs - one from a no-kill shelter, the other from a small-breed rescue. I would love to be able to be a foster-dog mom one day. The kind lady who had our aussie/poodle mix was retired and fosters now that she has more time. I like that thought

Glad to join the community here and looking forward to joining in the conversation. I can tell by the lurking I've done there are a lot of great, well-informed, intelligent animal lovers here!
    Last edited by elisabeth; 12-02-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Hi! Elisabeth! Great to meet you! I am Sana and I have one Corgi and loads of chickens, also an Alsatian Congratulations for joining Pettalk! I hope you have a great time here and we are all ready to welcome and help new members in Pettalk. We would all like to see your little puppies, upload their pictures as soon as possible!

Welcome, Elisabeth! Hello to Emma, Bella and Zoe!

This is a fun, active forum! Just be warned, seems like being a part of the PT community causes your pet family to increase! I joined with 6 cats, 4 years back. Now I have 10 cats, 4 dogs plus one foster dog, lol!

I am Sandie. I live in Rhode Island, and spend my time enjoying all the interactions of the personalities I have here.

Hi Sana and Sandie - thank you both for the warm welcome.

Sana - I've always wanted a corgi so very much! When we got Zoe, I was actively looking for a corgi (been inactively looking for a few years..lol). Couldn't find one (from a reputable breeder) that wasn't 500+ miles away. Then we saw Zoe listed as a small breed rescue and we had to meet her. But my next dog will be a corgi. I love them. Maybe in a few years...

Sandie - that is funny about your family growing since you've joined! I can imagine..we used to have a hammie (Lucy), but she died in October. She was a sweet girl and we loved her very much. Now my daughter wants a lizard for Christmas. I'm thinking about it. I need to read up first. We have lizards all over the place here (I'm in Arizona), but I've never had a reptile pet.

Thanks again for the welcomes!!

Enough with the greetings -- Show us some pics of your pups, in Dog General!

You do know we LOVE photos around here, right? LOL

Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Welcome to Pet Talk! This a friendly lovely place for animal lovers of al varieties . Please do post pictures if you have some as we do love to see each others pets! I live in Ontario Canada and have two pets presently, Leo a poodle and Napoleon a tabby cat.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Great to hear you always wanted to have a Corgi, I loved them too! They are small yet quite awesome! Mine is a different breed of Corgi, I'll upload some pictures

Welcome to you and your doggies! You have come to the right place if you are a dog lover. I am partial to your Yellow Lab (see signature of my RB Lab Casey).

Would love to see photos of all of your doggies. Actually, I think it should be a requirement that everyone post pics of their pets.

I have a Zoe too. She is my black Lab grandpuppy belonging to my daughter and her boyfriend.

Thanks to all for stopping by! I posted a thread to share pics in Dog General. Please feel free to check it out! I am off to check out everyone's pet photos...

Hello Elisabeth! Welcome to Pet Talk!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana