Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Miss me??

Anyone Miss me??

Hi to all of my old (but not forgotten) friends! I have not been on in forever, and I wanted to give an update, and share pictures of my son Wyatt! He is 11 months old now! I took a break to refocus and reevaluate my situation. Alot has changed in my life since I last posted!

I did rehome most of my cats. Don't freak out yet, I can explain!

Before I had my son, I was beginning to realize how difficult my life was becoming. I was not happy, my husband was not happy and I just could not keep up the housekeeping it takes to care for 13 cats. It was extremely miserable to be so pregnant and still have to brush, scrub, clean and vaccum several times a day. I was on bed rest, but I still had to do it to make sure the cats were well cared for against my doctors orders.

Once my son came, I realized it WAS just too much. He had severe colic, I was not sleeping AT ALL, my husband lost his second job, and I was overwhelmed. I stuck it out for 3 months, and then I caved. I had to rehome.

It really was not an option, I did not take it lightly. I felt bad that my son could not leave my bedroom, because their was cat hair EVERYWHERE and he could not breathe. And I just did not have the time (or help)to keep up. The cats were fighting and nothing was going right. I was depressed and needed out.

So I found loving homes for 11 cats. Two even went together to a LOVING AND PERFECT PT home! (Forever Grateful to you Cheryl). 5 went to my friend that lives in town and has a lovely and large indoor/outdoor cat enclosure. 2 went to my mom so I could still spend time with them. 2 went seperate because they did not do well with other pets. I truly believe I did the right thing for my cats, and my family. Like I said it was a gut wrenching and difficult decision. : ( But I do know that I tried my best and that my cats got the best home possible!

I hope my friends here atleast TRY to understand my position, and forgive me for the decision that I made. I was hesitant to post this, but I thought that you all deserved the honest truth.

Now, I have not posted pictures of my son since he was born. I wanted to share them with you all! I have spent the last eleven months swooning over him, time to share!!! These are just random ones over the months! Is he not the most precious little guy ever?
    About 2-3 months..

4 months.

5-6 months..

7 months.

8 months.

Few more!!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

9 months...

10 months..

First Halloween:

11 months:

That is all for now! Love and miss you all. Katie

Hi there Katie! Glad to see you back and to see pictures of your handsome son. I hope others will understand your re-homing your kitties - I certainly do. It is not like you abandoned or dumped them at a shelter. Sometimes needs must and we have to do these things.

Anyway welcome back and a big hello to your lovely son!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Oh, your son is beautiful.

And as for the cats, you got to take care of yourself and your family first or you are no good to anyone. And I'm sure the kitties are grateful, too, because I'm sure they were feeling your stress.

If I did my math right you still have two kitties? Which two?

Again, Wyatt is darling.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I am sure it was difficult, but it sounds like everyone went to good homes. Of course we understand, and yes, we did miss you! Wyatt has that "old man" kind of face some babies have - my nephew at about that age was the spitting image of MY grandfather - only his hair was blonde just beginning to come in, not grey and on its way out!

Wyatt's adorable and I am sure everyone is happier and healthy now that those who wanted to be "only children" are, and others are also loved and cared for.
    I've Been Frosted

I have missed you! And I understand why you rehomed some, you did the responsible thing and made sure they went to good homes. Wyatt is soooo cute!! He looks like a happy baby!! Please keep us updated with pics of him, he is precious

Amy

Thank you all for the support and saying Wyatt is cute! He is the sweetest baby ever.

I still have Hannah and Puff, my two oldest cats. I have had them since High school and they could never adjust to another home. Hannah is also not in the best health.

I honestly believe I did what was needed, and they are all happy and adjusted in their new homes... But the guilt is horrible.

Katie, oh yes, I have definitely missed you!!! Welcome back, so good to see you and hubs and Wyatt.

My goodness, 11 months already? And you can see such a difference in him from the first photo to the most recent one. Growing boy you have there, he heee.

I am so glad someone asked, I was wondering which 2 kitties you kept! Puff and Hannah must be glad to have more of you available to THEM.

I hope you can stop in a bit more often now.

Wyatt is such a happy baby! I loved his smiles and big baby blues!! The last photo in the first set, you holding him with his eyes shut is adorable! No doubt he brings happiness to your household. You look great too!

I know I'd feel guilty too, if I had to rehome any pets, but I hope you take comfort in knowing that they have great homes. I think you're all very lucky. I understand about hair! I rarely put my vacuum away! It sounds like everything is working out well for you and your family and that makes me happy too. Keep in touch!

I've been Boooo'd!

Don't feel guilty.

People keep asking me to take a 4th kitty. My cats live well and are super spoiled. But my crew and I have an understanding and it is a good fit. The additional stress might make Spunky's asthma and allergies worsen. It has before.

I have to say "no" because I know that it is for the best, even though I would like to give an abandoned kitty a home.

I had to re-home an elderly kitty I had when my financial circumstances changed. She ended up at my mom's because she knew Mom and the house well. Her last year was good.

Feel good that you did the right thing.

And he looks like a happy baby. He was having fun in many of those pics.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh yes, I have missed you! I think about you often and hoped we'd hear from you soon.
    I know it must have been extremley difficult to re-home your kitties, but you made sure they all went to wonderful homes. Please do not feel guilty. It's not like you dumped them on the side of the road.
    Little Wyatt is so darn cute! Those HUGE blue eyes! Of course he has such good looking parents, he didn't stand a chance.
    I hope you can check in with us more often so we can watch Wyatt grow up.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have missed you a lot! I'm so happy to see photos of you and little Wyatt. He looks like such a joyful baby!

I know re-homing the kitties was a hard thing to do - but you made sure they all went to good homes. I'm sure they're all happy where they are. Do you still have the pups?

Keep posting photos of baby Wyatt. He's a doll

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing pics

You do not have to justify or apologize for what you did. It was certainly very hard to do and we know you are a responsible owner

Hi Katie!!! Welcome back!!! I totally understand about having to rehome your cats and I'm glad to hear that they all found wonderful loving homes. I had to rehome a cat before too and he went to a much better home than I could have ever provided for him. Your son is adorable.

I hope you'll continue to come to PT and post. I don't know if you know this but I lost my Sunny to cancer in late Feb. I now have 2 orangies, Alani & Blaze, who will be 7 months old on Nov. 30th. so I'm back up to 6 which is my absolute limit. Take care and please don't be a stranger.

Anne, I still try to help where I can, but I never keep them anymore. I have my new limit, and for now it is working for us! Don't feel bad!

Cindy, I have thought of you alot as well. I see Taz has passed away, and I am so very sorry for your loss

Hi Crystal!!! Thanks for the compliments! He is so sweet and loving.. always the first to hug and kiss you I do still have Joey (although lately he spends more time with my dad.. I worry about him only being two pounds and Wyatt learning to walk and not grab Joey hard! He does not know how to run fast enough!) Dora had to be rehomed as well, but not because of the pregnancy, because she could not be trained.. She attacked Joey every chance she got, and the last straw was when she grabbed him into a neck hold and WOULD NOT let go. She needed a home with NO other dogs.

Tracey, I am also so sorry about your Sunny. What a handsome sweet boy. That is heartbreaking
    On a lighter note, your new two could not be any more squishable! Totally adorable (and I am sure real playful too!)

Thank you all for understanding my position, or atleast trying too. I have never had to rehome any cat before aside from fosters, so this was a very sad/emotional thing to do. I just have to know I did the RIGHT thing, not the easy thing...