Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new cat tree for my boys

new cat tree for my boys

check this out! The inside is hollow so they can climb from "branch" to "branch". The opening at the base does lead to the lower branch but the gap is a little bit too small for my fatties, so Toby just curls up in there and sleeps. He also likes the top as you can see

it's 45 inches tall and I got it at BigLots for $118. Cat furniture is expensive anyways, but this one is really sturdy and the cats love it.

please excuse the crappy pics. This new camera takes awesome pics outdoors but inside they're all funky and discolored.

I love it!!! I have been wanting one like that for mine for awhile, and last time the big lots in my area had them I missed out. I'll have to check again...that is going to be the christmas present for my 4 this year. Thanks for sharing.

Amy

yeah I saw one last year at a store across town from me but didn't have room in my parents' car. I don't think my (smaller) local store ever had them. Promised myself I'd pick one up if I ever found another one. I just happened to be at the bigger store again yesterday and they had one. We were in the pickup truck this time so no problem getting it home It's pretty bulky so it may be hard to fit in your average car.

Wow , are Toby and Havoc ever Lucky Cats!!
    We Four Found Ctas can only pray that Santa Paws and All Of Our Awesome Angel Friends send us something this nice for Cat Mas!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I love this one too! It really looks like a TREE!! We have some new cat trees at the shelter store and they are awesome! But I don't have a place to put them. And they are more expensive than this one, but I would get a discount. I just need a bigger house! LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh that is awesome. I just have to get one.

What type of camera do you have? A digital or digital SLR? I know a little bit since I did study photography for a bit a long time ago. There are others here that know more, of that I'm sure.

Check the manual to see if you can change the ASO/ISO settings for indoors.

I think Panasonic makes a simple digital for indoor use. ASO was 1600. The one I borrowed for the day took great pictures.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It's a Nikon L100. I just got it a couple weeks ago. It's not as easy to use right out of the box as my ancient Kodak. I'm getting better though.

Nice! Love it. I am so jealous. I have wanted to get a new cat tree for my cats. I wonder if my Big Lots has these. I will have to check it out.

Is it the usual cat tree carpeting? It looks softer. Also, is it pretty sturdy? My guys like to run and leap onto the old cat tree I have that broke apart.

I found one!!! And I have a four door honda accord, it fit across the backseat laying down...My 2nd youngest cat Owen, has been enjoying it the most. They are really nicely made and very sturdy. Thanks again for posting, my kitties thank you for reminding me of this, so now they have their christmas present early. I put it in the guest room in front of the window so now they have a sun perch

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    It's a Nikon L100. I just got it a couple weeks ago. It's not as easy to use right out of the box as my ancient Kodak. I'm getting better though.
    I searched the Nikon L100 and the ISO can't be set manually. The camera does it automatically and at odd numbers.

I have a digital SLR and I had to use the manual to figure it out. I can manipulate the settings manually, but it's not the same as using my old Pentax K1000. I love that camera.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Nice! Love it. I am so jealous. I have wanted to get a new cat tree for my cats. I wonder if my Big Lots has these. I will have to check it out.

Is it the usual cat tree carpeting? It looks softer. Also, is it pretty sturdy? My guys like to run and leap onto the old cat tree I have that broke apart.

I got one. I checked the big Lots AD and went right down to pick it up.

It's as heavy-as-all-get-out. Not knocking over easily. Two people to load it in the car (4 feet high and 2 feet wide square so it won't get through small car doors. I have a Scion XB that's so cool for transporting stuff.) I had to use my furniture trolley to get it in the house and now I have to put furniture sliders on it so I can move it easily through the house.

As far as the carpeting, I don't know. It's carpeting.

And Spunky and Jane can fit up the tree trunk. Sam is too big even if he lost half his weight. The tree is still in the front hallway at the door. It took two minutes of sniffing around and all 3 cats were exploring and lounging on the tree.

Thank You ToTK

Pix later this evening or tomorrow.
    Anne

Nice! I did see those in the Big Lots ad in today's paper. Great that you posted, looks like more than just your kitties owe you a thank you, he hee!

It looks great and I'm glad that your cats like it too.That's a great deal too because usually these kinds of cat trees are very expensive.

Yes,Big Lots usually have great deals on cat trees this time of year. I still have my catbird tree house/condo that I bought from them almost 2 years ago and it's very sturdy and my cats still love it. A few pictures of it when it was brand new.

yeah it's definitely well made and not tippy at all. I tried to tilt it to put a scratch mat under one side and the whole thing just slid over. It's just standard carpeting as near as I can tell. Same stuff that's on scratching posts. My guys only like the loopy carpet so they're content just to lay on it. I don't know how well it will hold up to scratching. There is a shorter pile carpet lining the inside of the trunk so there is no exposed wood or cardboard, even on the bottom of the base.

I didn't get an ad today, but I was at the local store and they still didn't have any. Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever seen cat furniture of any type at that particular store. Just food, toys and beds.