Thread: LORD OF THE RINGS

LORD OF THE RINGS

Hi!

I must say this is a silly post, and it has NOTHING to do with animals, but I was curious to know who else likes Lord of the Rings!? I am OBSESSED with it! I have exactly 140 of Lord of the Rings cards (and growing). Lets see, under my AOL favorites I have 57 favorites that have to do with Lord of the Rings- or the actors in the movie. I have a big corkboard that is 4' long and 2' high- and it is half way covered with Lord of the Rings photos. My AOL e-mail is OrliBloom177 (don't mind to share). Orlando Bloom is the actor who played Legolas, my favorite character, and 77 stands for the year he was born. I *love* Orlando Bloom!! My screensaver on my computer is Legolas, and I am still talking my mom into downloading Elijah Wood to say "hello" and good-bye" for AOL greetings- but it never works. I was also trying to download a Legolas AOL buddy icon, but of course that won't work- 'cuz its AOL I just started the third partof the book: The Return of the King. I have seen the movie 9 times- and saved all my ticket stubs . Those are in the photo album along with the movie cards. Oh yea, I also had a huge Lord of the Rings poster- but my rats ripped half of it up, because it was behind their cage (my mistake ). So yeah, I would say I'm a little nuts over it.

You know what's funny- before I went to see the movie with my dad, I saw the previews on TV and I thought it was the dumbest movie ever. Obviously that philosophy didn't stick with me for long. Ok, I really need to shut up- I could go on for years. OK... shutting up now!

So....... what do you think about Lord of the Rings? Do you like it or hate it? I would love to know.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I love it too Saw it on xmas last yr, and will be seeing the next one this xmas i hope! I always had an interest in it before the movies, I read comics and stuff about Bilbo! I wouldn't say i'm -obsessed- but yeah never know

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I love it too! My boyfriend turned me on to the books - he re-reads them every year. I've read them all at least twice. I bought the DVD the day it came out, I had seen the movie in the theaters on Christmas Day. We have a delicious home theater set-up (big screen, DTS sound, speakers everywhere) so I usually wait for the DVD to come out - I hate going to theaters. And lately, the LotR soundtrack is in my car stereo, on my bathroom stereo, and on my computer - it is a great soundtrack! I can't wait for the Two Towers movie, I really can't.

I LOVE Lord of the Rings. The movie was great and I am looking forward to the second movie in December. The producers did a great job with the first one and followed the book very closely. I read the other two books and they are GREAT!! I hope the movies are just as good.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I love that movie, and not just 'cause of certain elf. I think a bunch of us from work are planning on going to see it together. I always have to stop myself from quoting "Goonies" whenever I see Sam though.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

I love Lord Of The Rings!!! This probably sounds crazy, but i've seen it 32 times

If I count the times I've seen the movie at home- it would probably be about 78+ times. I usually watch the movie once every two weeks-sometimes more
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I fell asleep four times . My boyfriend and my bestfriend and her boyfriend loved it though!!

I *LOVE* The Lord of the Rings! Can't say I'm as obsessed as you though!

The first time I saw it, we ended up at the 11:00 show and it was not a good thing......I was almost asleep at the end.......

My brother bought the books, so I became obsessed with reading those. A M A Z I N G !!! When I finished those I *had* to go see the movie again! Wow! I think I ended up seeing it at least 5 times in the theater, lol. I bought a really nice set of all the books in hardback (including The Hobbit) and I also had the dvd pre-ordered. I spent forever watching all those dvd extras, teehee.

I am so excited for The Two Towers! YAY! I'm totally going to be there to see it the day it comes out!