Thread: Smooth Collies

Smooth Collies

I know I haven't been on here in FOREVER, but just thought I'd stop by to share some new photos of my smooth Collie babies, now 4 months old (Born July 29, 2010)....

Sire is CH Deep River Bow and Arrow
    Dam is CH Spiritwind Barely An Angel

There were 8 in the litter, and now I have these 3. A friend of mine came down last weekend and since I had help, we took some photos of the babies.....

Sage was by far the easiest to photograph! She is a natural. The other two could hardly keep 4 feet on the ground for 2 seconds. But they are happy babies. Three are in show homes in Georgia, another sister left a couple weeks ago, and will be shown in Conf. once mature, but her owner is getting ready to start herding with her.... I'm hoping to start herding with mine as well in the very near future...

Just thought I'd share

Flint

Sage - showing like a pro

Sage again -- my pick girl!

Sage head shot

One last shot of Sage

Stella

Stella[/QUOTE]
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

wow.. very pretty!!.. all of them..

one question.. does Sage´s blue eye mean she´s merle or carrying merle?.. or it just pops up randomly in any coat color?...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Such beautiful babies you have there! Are you keeping all three?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    wow.. very pretty!!.. all of them..

one question.. does Sage´s blue eye mean she´s merle or carrying merle?.. or it just pops up randomly in any coat color?...

Thank you! I love them!

Sage is a sable merle, so she has a blue eye. In Collies, you won't see blue eyes, unless they are merles (sable merle or blue merle)...

Actually her sister Stella is a sable merle as well, but she has 2 dark eyes.

When they were born, they were more obvious sable merles, but as they matured the spotting on their bodies disappeared.

Here is a pic of the whole litter at 1 day old.. you can see the sable merles in this photo.

Left to right we have...
    Tri male, Blue merle female, sable merle male, blue merle male, sable merle girl, Sable (non merle) male, sable merle girl and another sable merle girl.

Paris is a tri-factored sable, but the stud she was bred to is a tri-factored sable merle.

Sage and her sable merle brother (Hunter) both had a solid blue eye... the rest have mostly dark eyes, or maybe dark eyes with a small fleck of blue... Stella does have a small spot of blue in her eye, but it's hard to see... as far as showing Sage with a blue eye... some judges won't like it (except for BLUE merles, they are supposed to have 2 dark eyes, matching in color).. but she has such a nice body and structure and very nice head detail... I don't think it will be a problem for her. Her sire has a partly blue eye.. and he was the #1 smooth in the country in 2008.
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Spiritwind, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the title of this thread because your collies are always so beautiful! These three are gorgeous! I love Flint's three-colored coat, and Sage and Stella's pretty caramel color with the white. Welcome, beautiful collies!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-26-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Spiritwind and I posted at the same time and the answer to my question is in the post
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Such beautiful babies you have there! Are you keeping all three?
    Thank you!..

Sage is staying for sure... she is my pick. If I could find a serious show or performance home for one or both of the other two I would LOVE that... but until then, they will obviously be staying.. I have possible show home interested in Stella though.. so we'll see how that works out.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Spiritwind, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the title of this thread because your collies are always so beautiful! These three are gorgeous! I love Flint's three-colored coat, and Sage and Stella's pretty caramel color with the white. Welcome, beautiful collies!

Thanks Cassiesmom,

I'm pretty proud of these babies. The litter turned out VERY nice.. and several will be shown.. and some will also be doing performance. Actually I'm hoping to start some herding these three as well. The owner of their sire does A LOT of herding with her dogs, so I'm going to be working with her to start these babies in herding soon.. as will a person who who got one of the other puppies from me...

I LOVE the picture of Flint especially, his shinny black coat, with the colorful leaves in the background. I LOVE that picture of him!!

I've Been BOO'd!!

OMG what absolutely beautiful babies you have! I love how shinny Flint's coat is, such a cutie! I love Sage and Stella... what a great names for such absolute beauties! She has a very nice head, too, gorgeous. I want one!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Wow they are all beautiful. I love the pictures with the leaves in the background. I can understand why Sage is your favorite. Sage just looks so proud especially to be so young.

They're all gorgeous. You always have beautiful puppies to show us.

Beautiful! No other word comes close.

In the photos, Flint and Stella still have their ears . . . I don't know the right words, taped to keep them tipping?

He he, can pick Flint out in the baby photo as he is the only one of his coloring

That pic of Sage, have you been working with her already? That stack is lovely!

Thanks everyone!! I'm very proud of these babies. I think they are beautiful!.. Great temperaments too. Fun babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Beautiful! No other word comes close.

In the photos, Flint and Stella still have their ears . . . I don't know the right words, taped to keep them tipping?

He he, can pick Flint out in the baby photo as he is the only one of his coloring

That pic of Sage, have you been working with her already? That stack is lovely!

Yes... Flint and Stella still had ears in. Sage does too, but when we did this pictures, Sage's ears were out of tapes and they looked good, were tipping nicely, so I just left them out.

I haven't worked with Sage's show training any more than the rest really... she is just a natural. Sometimes you get dogs like that, that you don't have to train anything... they just naturally do it. Sage's mom, Paris was the exact same way..... the naturals make the best show dogs (and the fun ones!).... they are the ones that never put a foot down wrong, and just LOVE to do it, and they KNOW they are IT! During the whole time we were taking pics Sage's tail never stopping wagging.. some of the pics we got make her look like she has no tail because it's wagging so much LOL She is a happy girl! I can't wait to start showing her!!!

Flint actually is pretty good too really.... I Just couldn't get any good body pics of him....

I've Been BOO'd!!

Are they ever BEAUTIFUL!! Looking so grown up at such a young age! I just love all your dogs

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Thanks for the reply. Gorgeous babies.

Man, I would take Flint home in a heartbeat!

They're all gorgeous.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08