Thread: Rocco

Rocco

Hi, I did the same thing, bought a little Yorkie from the pet store, dumb, dumb, dumb, and yet... she is a charmer from the get go, she is zany, loving, and enthusiastic about car rides, walks, and going to grandmas... I don't regret having her. She has had multiple health problems, stomach problems, seizures, trips to the emergency vet, probably all due to irresponsible breeding. But my husband, daughter, and I love her to death. When you think of it taking care of a dog like that it is a rescue of sorts. Rocco is adorable, so love him without guilt! He has a good home and every dog deserves that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rocco....Looking at you this morning is like looking at my Chrissie. You could be twins. You are so handsome. My Chrissie had to have surgery also when she was nine months old. For the love and the joy that she has brough me
    in the last 12 years has been worth every dime I have spent on her. Rocco,
    I bet you are the apple of your moms eye. You look so loving and sweet even when we have little accidents. Congratulations on DOTD. Have a wonderful life. I also support the animal shelters. There are so many animals that need a loving home.

Linda
    SC
    LHCamry

Rocco

In a way you did rescue your dog if not from a shelter then from the bad condtion he was in in the pet store! what would have happened to him otherwise?
    I agree about adopting from a rescue or pound but you took care of this little guy and thats what matters-who knows the condtions he was living in before also.

he is very cute and hope he has a great dotd!
    Last edited by mydd; 11-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Hey! I almost thought there was a repeat dog of the day. Then I realized I've seen these pictures before because Rocco's mom is a member of Pet Talk!!

Don't feel bad about purchasing and not rescuing Rocco. Like another said before me....you did rescue him! You took him in and gave him the proper vet care he needed. If he had stayed at the store and got sick who knows what would have happened to him.
    I also purchased my first dog, Zoee, from a breeder. Then I found Pet Talk and will never do that again. Also, I volunteer at a no-kill shelter. So now my animals come from there.

A BIG congrats to Rocco for being today's Dog of the Day!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

HAY ROCCO congrats on being DOTD !!!

Hi buddy, my name is Sneakers, and sorta like you, I wasn't at a Pound or Shelter. My Provider got me and my Sister Becca from a friend. Becca and I are a couple liters apart, but have the same parents.

Here's a picture of me, just after my Provider and I got back from a run around the block.

I know that our brothers and sisters who are in the Pounds and Shelters really need some help, but so do those guys at the Pet Stores, like you were. You tell your Mom HOW MUCH you appreciate her picking you, cause you needed help too. I'm kinda inclined that fate has a lot to do with those kinds of things. Somehow, you were meant for her to see and take home. That was SO special, you two were just right for each other.

We (Becca and me) are real sorry to hear you've been sick. Just hang in there buddy, we're praying for your good health, and we can see by how loving and careening your Mom is in that picture, and you're in the VERY BEST of hands, we can see she REALLY LOVES you a lot.

HA, I had to laugh when I read about "Your Look", I do the same thing to my Provider. There's something REALLY special about how we do that, cause when my Provider looks back at me, I can see the very same special love in his eyes, that I see in your Mom's.

How very VERY lucky we are !

Keep healthy buddy, and get your Mom to post back on how you and She are doing.

Becca says hi

Your friend,
    SNEAKERS
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Hey! I almost thought there was a repeat dog of the day. Then I realized I've seen these pictures before because Rocco's mom is a member of Pet Talk!!

A BIG congrats to Rocco for being today's Dog of the Day!!

That's what I thought too ... I have seen these photos before when Rocco's mom introduced us to Rocco the ROCK Star! Hi again, Rocco, California cutie! Happy Dog of the Day to you! I am delighted to see these fun photos of you again! Please have mom give you a big hug from me! (I mean, I bet you get lots of hugs every day but if you could have her give you an extra one, or two, or ten... )
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awww! One of our very, Dog of the Day! Hi there cutie pie Rocco! A very happy Dog of the Day to you! How proud your Mommy must be to see you up on the front page today! You are just too precious for words Rocco; so expressive!!! And you're just as sweet and beautiful on the inside as you are handsome!

Your Mommy is so right, Rocco; there are so, so many wonderful, loving deserving doggies in shelters across the country just waiting for that special forever human to walk in and scoop them up! But as was the case with your Mommy, many have no idea that the adorable puppy they fall in love with and purchase at a pet store was bred in a puppy mill,or even know what a puppy mill is! The answer is for the government to outlaw those houses of horror, to end the abuse, and hopefully that day will come soon. In the meantime, doggies such as you are in such need of caring, loving homes, and it was a blessing that your Mommy chose you, giving you the most wonderful forever home imaginable; nursing you back to health and providing you with all the love your heart can hold! You and your Mom were meant to be together, Rocco!

Lots of love and cuddles to you on your big day on center stage, precious Rocco! Have fun celebrating with your Mommy!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello Rocco,

I love Yorkies. There are two (brothers) that live next door to us.
    They are adorable to watch play. No wonder your person fell in love with you.
    I love your pictures Rocky. If I ever needed a Lifeguard, you would
    be the one I'd call. Congratulations on being our DOG OF THE DAY sweetie.
    Sending you lots of hugs & kisses & a wish for a long, happy life with your
    lucky family.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rocky, What a cute little feller you are--just adorable! I'd like to hold and hug you. I'm sorry you have had health problems but thanks to your loving human she has gotten help for you. I hope you all are together for many years. Congrats on being DOTD! Kay in NC

Rocco!

OMG - what a tiny lil' cutie you are!
    You are lucky to have such a loving caring human momma!
    May you enjoy your DOTD status, Rocco!