Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Snoopy New Update #29 for anxiety issues

Hybrid View

Poor Snoopy New Update #29 for anxiety issues

Giardia infections (called Giardiasis) show no gender or breed predilection but are most common in young animals and in animals under close confinement, such as those in kennels, animal shelters and pet stores.

Is being treated for the above. 2 doses of medication and his potty has done an 180

I found the above information on the net. I asked the vet (I use couple in town) if he could of gotten it from being in the shelter for 2 months. He gave me answer that he drank out of some pond. I looked at him strangely and said he hasnt been near a pond. Guess he didnt want to point fingers at the shelter.

Snoppy pulled a good one tonight. We went to KFC to pick up food to bring home. I crate him. He busted the door half down so he could escape and met us at the door when we came up basement stairs. LOL

He HATES the crate. Used it for about 1 week at nighttime and fussed. So he sleeps with us at night in our bed and we have peace and quiet for 8 hrs.
    Last edited by Craftlady; 01-31-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Get better Snoopy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Giardia is pretty common and very easily treatable. It could have been something as simple as he drank from a puddle or other standing water that was contaminated with animal feces carrying giardia. He could have stepped in feces contaminated with giardia, licked his paws, and it's as simple as that.

Just be sure to immediately dispose of any stool Snoopy has as it's very easily spread to others. Hope he's feeling better soon!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Feel better quickly, Snoopy - we need you up and about for a photo shoot! Mom didn't include any pics of you in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Feel better quickly, Snoopy - we need you up and about for a photo shoot! Mom didn't include any pics of you in this thread.

Opps! I'll work on that
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    Giardia is pretty common and very easily treatable. It could have been something as simple as he drank from a puddle or other standing water that was contaminated with animal feces carrying giardia. He could have stepped in feces contaminated with giardia, licked his paws, and it's as simple as that.

Just be sure to immediately dispose of any stool Snoopy has as it's very easily spread to others. Hope he's feeling better soon!

I'm pretty sure that it came from the shelter. I do clean up stools constantly in the yard. We've had Coco for 2 1/2 ys and no problems with him potty wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it came from the shelter. I do clean up stools constantly in the yard. We've had Coco for 2 1/2 ys and no problems with him potty wise.

That's great! I was just lending you what information I've learned about giardia in my job.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Awww, Snoopy! Please feel better soon! (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

A previous co-worker of mine had this herself. It was horrible for her! She got it while she was camping. She was out sick for almost a month!

I hope Snoopy feels better soon. It's no fun being sick.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I hope Snoopy feels much better soon. Poor boy.

I never had any luck with using a crate for my dogs either. I just used baby
    gates until they were old enough to be trusted not to eat the furniture.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What Kfamr said. My RB Binx used to get Giardia...and the vet told me it also happens in a weaker immune system. I was pretty sure it was from puddles and stuff in the yard. It really wasn't a big deal, other than the clean up part.

Get better Snoopy.

You would never know he is sick. His potty is getting better which they said would happen pretty quickly once he was on the medication.

Lizbud: I crate trained Coco from a puppy (6 weeks) and he LOVES his crate. I think Snoopy has had some issues it didnt help he spent 2 months at the shelter.

Poor Snoopy

Poor Penny I hope she is feeling better soon.
    I also second a Chiro, muscle person ideally someone that is experienced with working with hounds.

Update:

Within a few days of finishing the medication his potty returned to normal and has been that way ever since ; Nasty stuff

Now we are dealing with separation anxiety. Snoopy has eaten through a steel crate (drew blood) and ate plastic around door way of ex lg cat crate. He is now on medication for the last 6 days and the vet said I might see improvement within few days but definitely within 14 days. With on going training he managed 60 mins in bathroom without to much destruction (although everything was taken out). He is a perfect dog until he cant see me! or is crated. We love him to death and apparently his feelings are mutual to us

Most of this is from being in pound for 3 months

Awww, Snoopy, I hope the medication helps you! I know it is hard to see your mum leave you but she'll be back, I promise. (((HUGS))) and prayers for you, sweety.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678