Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prays Needed White Cat Taken to Vets *Doing Better...Today*

Prays Needed White Cat Taken to Vets *Doing Better...Today*

Here is a link that describes how I got this white girl, who I thought was a kitten turns out to be 2 years old.

Not a baby at all.....

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=164292

Anyway, yesterday they retrieved a poo sample from her and when I got her home, her poor butt was so red and had some blood draining out of it and I called the vets right away and told them about it and they said that was normal since they had to go in and take a sample. We kept an eye on it all last night and in the middle of her anus there was a good size whole, which I thought was normal.

This morning I get up and look at her butt and it's prolapsed a little bit....part of her inside was coming out not far but enough to scare me.

I took her to the vets this morning and the vet will be in a 9 a.m. to check her out....it seems to have went back in but from my experience with this..with my mom's cat she had one really really bad and they had to perform surgery on her right away....luckily her stuff has never come back out.

I'm so worried about this little girl....we are calling her Diana and then Isis we don't know her name just yet but I feel terrible...I forgot the poo sample and I should have never let them retrieved one...

Poor girl...Please say a pray for her.

She is only 5 lbs at 2 years old.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112102048.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	482.7 KB 
ID:	46294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112102044b.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	46295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112102047a.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	460.0 KB 
ID:	46296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112102103a.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	414.8 KB 
ID:	46297  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 11-18-2010 at 10:13 AM.

She is SO pretty!!!!! What a lovely girl she is!! Keep us posted on what the vet says. I sure hope it is nothing serious.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

We are saying our Prayers for that Poor Little White Cat and tonught our Awesome Angels will be with Diana to make her comfortable , and help her through this operation.
    She is such a sweet Little Snowball
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The vet called and said that they gave her a steriod shot to help with the inflamation and they expressed her glands which they said that helped and hte vet said she was the one who got the poo out and it wasn't hard...either...

I just told her I was worried about her prolasping or something else when she tries to poo at home and she said she will give her an enama to soften her stool because she has some in there...

poor girl...they want to keep her the rest of the day to monitor her.

Poor thing,
    Melissa

Such a pretty girl!!! I hope everything goes well for her. Poor baby.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

She had a bowel movement a pretty large one and everything stayed put...hopefully it will continue to do so.

Prayers for the sweet little white kitty, that all goes well for her.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well that is great news.. Lots of Huggss & Prayers being sent to you & the babies.. keep us posted ok..

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    She had a bowel movement a pretty large one and everything stayed put...hopefully it will continue to do so.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Great news for that pretty girl. I still can not get over how lovely she is!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

First, big prayers for the little white girl!

When I read your post, I wondered if they perforated her anal lining (I don't know what that is called...)? Don't blame yourself with the poo sample.

Keep us posted.

She's so beautiful - but so tiny! I hope all goes well with the little one.

Love, Columbine

She's a gorgeous girl and so petite. I hope that she'll recover quickly without any complications. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I picked up Diana/Isis last night and took her home, she was so tired..poor girl..her butt still looked pretty swollen but things were looking a little better till we went in there to check on her and we were holding her and my husband noticed that she was probably going to have a bowel movement soon.

So we put her down and she didn't go....we waited and waited and kept checking...I was getting worried...thinking what if I had to take her to the vets, etc....well luckily she went....and everything stayed put.

This morning she is still swollen a bit but otherwise ok. She is on a can food only diet and I found this one brand my sister was feeding her kitten even though this one isn't a kitten, I figured it would do her some good plus I got some adult food for her as well.

Thank you all for the prays, I really appreciate it.

Melissa

Here are some pictures I took of her a few days ago...her poor ears...they will mend the vet says..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 15 2010 (9).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	46301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 15 2010 (16).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	46302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 15 2010 (14).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	46303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 15 2010 (13).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	46304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 14 2010 (1).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	714.8 KB 
ID:	46305  

She is such a little beauty!! Thank goodness she has an angel looking out for her and the other homeless kitties. I rescued a big, beautiful white longhaired cat from a local dollar store last year. His ears were crusted with blood on the tips. The vet said that it was skin cancer, that white cats should never be outside cats because of their sensitivity to the sun. My rescue went to live with a Doctor and am told is doing just fine. Diana/Isis' ears don't look anything like my rescue's did, just wanted you to know about white cat's delicate skin.

You do great work! The world needs more like you and our fellow PTers.

Mary and the Cottage Cats