Thread: My Neighbor

My Neighbor

Hi Everyone, I know this may be a long shot but I wanted to ask for help with my neighbor's dog. My neigbor that lives around the corner from us has a dog name Marley.

We have a VERY large yard and it connects to the neighbor around the corner's yard. Back in the summer one morning I got up and let Tip (my dog) outside in the back yard. About an hour later I heard a rumbling on my back porch. I looked out the window and thought I needed to clean my contacts because I saw TWO dogs on the back porch. The dogs ran off the porch playing and chasing each other. I came outside and the dog ran up to me and started to lick me. I recognized him as the dog that lived around the corner. I had saw him in the very back of the yard (we call it the forest because that's what it looks like) when Rufus my Aunt's dog stayed with us during the winter. Marley stayed with us all day. Every time when Tip and I went outside Marley was there and they played. I had went around the corner to Marley's house earlier and left a note that he was there but no one came to get him. I took Marley home in the afternoon and checked to see if he had food and water in the backyard where he stays. He had food but it looked very old. I gave him fresh food and water at his house because I knew if I fed him at mine he would never leave. He came over every day for three days straight before I ever talked to anyone at the house.

Long story short. Marley is neglected. His owner is a local truck driver who is gone for 14 or more hours a day and sometimes for days at a time. Marley is an outside dog. Marley is a sweet boy. He's 1.5 years old and his owner got him from the pound. My husband and I can't take Marley. His owener says he's sending Marley back to the pound because he doesn't have time for him and he's too much trouble always coming in our yard. I know Marley just wants love and attention. I would hate to see Marley go back to the pound and possibly be put to sleep. Do you know anyone who might be interested in Marley? I've attached two pics of him in my yard and one of him and Tip. We are in Georgia. I would love to see Marley go to a GOOD home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marley & Tip.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	46290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	46291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	46292  

Maybe you could temporarily take Marley, until you could find him a proper home. Gives people time to work on this.

Can you put up notices at work - or, depending where you work, send an interdepartmental email?

I hope Marley finds a forever home soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Call your ACO and file a complaint. The dogs owner should be held accountable for animal abuse/neglect.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We haven't "taken" Marley but I do check on him everyday. He's normally in my yard anyway. I'm getting the word out everywhere I can. I just want him to find a good home. We will be away for the Holidays and I'm worried about him. If I call ACO will they come and get him? I don't want him to just get thrown in a shelter. I'd rather try to find him a home first.

Thank you for helping Marley! What a handsome boy!

Do you know if he is neutered? UTD on shots? Include these things in any postings.

Seems like there should be a Website for situations like this ! Where individuals could "advertise" a need.
    I know that there is a PetFinder Web, but that seems like it's dedicated to some rescue facilities only, from what I read there.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Thank you for helping Marley! What a handsome boy!
    Agree agree agree and YAY for a picture of Tip again! Bless you, Wanwan for looking out for Marley and I hope he finds a new home soon.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by wanwan1007 View Post
    We haven't "taken" Marley but I do check on him everyday. He's normally in my yard anyway. I'm getting the word out everywhere I can. I just want him to find a good home. We will be away for the Holidays and I'm worried about him. If I call ACO will they come and get him? I don't want him to just get thrown in a shelter. I'd rather try to find him a home first.

I wanted to thank you for caring for Marley.He really needs somebody
    to care about him. I tend to agree with you about not turning him in to
    the ACO. He will be totally dependant on the whims of the employees there.
    I've heard to many sad stories about that situation.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ask your vet to do a courtesy posting on his website and in his office. Some local rescues will do that also.

See if a rescue will take him in so he'll get adoption day exposure.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)