Thread: Looking for pet stories

Looking for pet stories

Hi everyone! I am looking for pet stories to include on my website. I was wondering if anyone here would like to submit a story about their rescued pet. The pet must be a rescue, as the site is about animal rescue and rehabilitation. We mainly focus on exotics but domestics are welcome any time. I just thought it would be nice to show how many people out there have rescued pets and how nice it is to show that there are people out there who care.

I will be choosing one pet a month as the featured rescue pet. You will have your own web page. If anyone would like to include their pet, either post here or email me at [email protected] with a few photos and the story of their rescued pet. Rescue can mean a few things. Adopting an animal from the pound, finding a kitten and having to bottle raise it, buying a feeder rat. If you consider your pet a rescue please submit it.

All stories will be considered and reviewed carefully. I am looking for a heartwarming touching story. I really hope people here participate. Like I said, I will be choosing one pet a month as the featured rescue pet. Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I have a website for all my babies. All most all of them are rescues. You're welcome to use their pics and stories if you want.

I would guess the one I consider a real rescue(although they were al lrecues in some form) is my kitty Scout

Found him at 11 weeks old outside my apartment dehydrated and malnurished. He does have a lazy eye that is a genetic defect that the vet said he'll adapt just fine with. This just goes to show you that if people would spay/neuter their pets as well as finding a responsible home/shelter if they can't care for them anymore instead of abandoning them...then I wouldn't be finding half starved kitties on my doorstep. Click here for Scout's story

Lola- another rescue. lady who had her took her in from a friend that couldn't care for her anymore then the lady had too many kitten bills to care for Lola. My main rant about pets- if you're going to have a pet do the research before hand to know what kind of care is involved along with knowing that you are financially responsible for this animal for the rest of it's life. If Lola's previous owners had done this...Lola would be in a loving home and wouldn't have come to me with biting issues.
    Click here for Lola's Story

Jax was given to me by a family whose mom was severly allergic to him. If one is considering a pet for a family, all members should be exposed to that pet before the pet is bought/adopted.
    Click here for Jax's story

Max..my puppy dog ferret who was dumped at the SPCA because he *smelled* Again his story emphasizes the importance of research before getting a particular pet. Click here for Max's story

And finally Lulu...my baby ferret. She was going to be sent back from the petstore to be PTS because of her biting problem. I managed after much arguing to convince the store to let me take her. Just about any animal can be rehabilitated given time, love, and lots of patience. Click here for Lulu's Story

Some of the links on the pages I posted don't work because I haven't made the time to create them. You're welcome to use any of the stories and pictures. Feel free to reword or correct my spelling/grammer...my next project aside from adding more pages to the site is to completely edit for mistakes. Hope this helps you.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

Yes it does! Thanks so much Chinadoll.

Anyone else care to submit a pet?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

The current featured rescue is River. You can read about her story here
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I have a rescued pet story, but because it didn't have a happy ending, you may not want to use it.

I just might. Please submit it. It might change things for other people and pets in the future. It can make people wake up perhaps.

Has anyone read Rivers story?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major