Thread: Dog Collar Companies

Dog Collar Companies

I know some people constantly buy their pups new collars via the internet. I was wondering what brands you guys bought from. I want to get Mikey a REALLY cool collar that will last him for a very long time. Nothing fancy, not a martingale or anything like that. Preferably a studded black one so he looks like a little biker. But if the have really nice prints I'll buy some of those too. I am not looking for break-away collars, just the normal kind where you slip it through the hole. Thanks for any input guys, I am sick of his boring black collar.

I like Lupine, as it comes with a lifetime guarantee. Even if the dog chews through it, just mail it back to them and they send you a new one, FREE.

Tasha, my puppy mill rescue, did not take kindly to harnesses (I don't use collars at all only harnesses on my dogs; to prevent any problems with collapsed trachea). Anyway, Tasha chewed her way through TWO! They just kept mailing back a new one for her, lol! WHEW! Before I got the Lupine, Tasha chewed through 3 others.

Not that Mikey would even chew his collar, but I'm just saying, it is a nice feature!

I only use Lupine now. That's what we sell at the shelter. And it has a life-time guarantee. If it breaks, frays or the dog chews it up you take it back to any Lupine dealer and it is replaced with a new one....no questions asked. There are LOTS of cool prints. However, it's not the buckle kind, it is the plastic snap together kind. You can google it and take a look at them. Also see if there is a store near you that sells them.

ETA: LOL, Sandie I was posting while you posted yours.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I would look into collarmania.com, and allegrodogdesigns.com. These are two of the favorites currently among my doggy friends.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

This may not be what you are looking for... but a member here (.sarah, you may remember her 4 Labradors?) always had the cutest collars! I believe she orders them from 3dirtydawgz.com ! They are all so cute! But I agree with a little studded collar for Mikey, I could totally picture him wearing one!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I love Lupine and 3dirtydawgz, thanks for the links guys! Collarmania is really really nice, but they are WAY out of my price range. As snazzy as Mike would look in those collars I don't think it's worth it for him, he'd break it some how, he's way to wild. Sassy had a $100 collar with her name in swarovski crystals, but she was lazy and didn't really break her collars. Mikey is insane, and I do like the fact Lupine is lifetime guarantee. I am wondering how a Martingale would look on him, I think it'd be awkward.

Alysser,

I'm not sure just how urban you are located, but, some cities have shops, which can make Leather apparel. A LONG time ago, I used to ride Motorcycles, and have had a set of Chaps and other items made specially for me.

Given that they do Leather, you might just look one of those places up, call um, and see just what they would make a Collar for. IF they will, and I can't see why they wouldn't, you can have them add "Studs" or other chrome or Brass embellishments and a "D" Ring (for a leash) to it, to make it a very special item for your animal. Take a look in the phone book, and see if you got a store like that around you somewhere.

Have a good Day !
    S.W.

PS: Would that "Off Planet", be somewhere near Trill, Risa, Bajor, somewhere like that !!
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
    Alysser,

I'm not sure just how urban you are located, but, some cities have shops, which can make Leather apparel. A LONG time ago, I used to ride Motorcycles, and have had a set of Chaps and other items made specially for me.

Given that they do Leather, you might just look one of those places up, call um, and see just what they would make a Collar for. IF they will, and I can't see why they wouldn't, you can have them add "Studs" or other chrome or Brass embellishments and a "D" Ring (for a leash) to it, to make it a very special item for your animal. Take a look in the phone book, and see if you got a store like that around you somewhere.

Have a good Day !
    S.W.

PS: Would that "Off Planet", be somewhere near Trill, Risa, Bajor, somewhere like that !!
    That could work, I live in a relatively small town though. Thanks for the idea! I don't know how much I'd enjoy that price though.

I like to think of it as near Vulcan

Alysser,

Several years ago, I had one made for a rather large Dog. 1.5" wide, and 26" Length. It was for show, and I had those sharp Studs in two rows around it. It REALLY looked mean ! Cost me about $35 as I remember, but, it was quite fancy. I'm sure you could get out for less than that. They could make something in any width, length and color, to complement your animals size and demeanor.

Have a good Day !
    S.W.

PS:
    That near Vulcan must be Danula, Regula or El Adrel then !
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

11. http://www.hotdogcollars.com/Tough-D...llars-s/65.htm found that while browsing around.

good luck on whatever you decide