Thread: I guess it's a squirrel feeder too....

I guess it's a squirrel feeder too....

technically it's a bird feeder but of course the squirrels like the menu too!
    method one: the dropdown

method two: the reach-over

acting casual:

"I iz like Tarzan!!!"

all pics were taken by a deer cam my bf relocated temporarily on the back porch. I do get birds on it too, but not many this time of year. I don't know if they're big enough to trigger the camera either.

He he heeee, great shots!

Once he knows there is food there, he will keep returning; and bring the family; and all the friends.

Love your captions! He he heee.

I don't mind them being there now that I have this all-metal feeder. They chewed up 3 or 4 plastic ones before that. I don't know if you can see the shading around the holes on the side of the feeder, but that's squirrel drool buildup. For some reason a few of them insist on pulling seeds out the little holes on the side (for attaching a suet basket) rather than the big holes in the trays.

Oh what a cutie pie, he deserves a good meal after all that hard work.

they're probably not all the same squirrel. I think those were taken over a couple of days and usually there's one on the feeder and 4 or 5 on the ground. Kinda surprised there aren't any others in the pics.

These are great pictures! Agile little critters, aren't they?

I love to watch squirrels at the feeders but sometimes they don't leave much food for the birds. I have a "squirrel proof" feeder with a metal cage surrounding it - I watch the squirrels curl up inside the cage and eat seeds to their heart's content. The squirrels can make amazing leaps from tree limbs to the feeder.

fantastic pictures.....

.....i am very surprised the squirrel managed to climb that kind of pole......reminds me of the pole i have my hummingbird feeder on and that one is kinda slippery.....squirrels are just so determined.....i have bird feeders out front and back at my house.....i have heated bird baths also.....i love to watch the birds bathing and playing in the water....thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures!

Thanks to PCB!

I got that hanger thinking they wouldn't climb it, but I guess they proved me wrong. At one point I had another feeder on a thin rope between two trees and they still managed to tightrope across it. They ended up destroying that feeder but it sure was fun wathing them run across the rope. Y'all ever seen that funny video of a cat running across the top of a fence and almost falling off either side? Yeah imagine that with squirrels and a rope. Evemtually they figured out to just hang upside down from the bottom of the rope and scurry over.

Blog Entries
    That squirrel must have suction cups on its feet. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

10. LOL yep. squirrels are tricky buggers like that

if they become too much of a problem theres always some squirrelproof-birdfeeders out there if you want the birdies to have something too LOL

What a great thread and picture story!! I had a bird feeder too and the squirrels at more than the birds did... Those are wonderful pictures!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Great pictures and wonderful captions too. Thanks for posting them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt