Thread: This is really intriguing!

This is really intriguing!

Tetris (TM) as a therapy for PTSD?

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2...ce-flashbacks/

One of my all-time favorite games may have new life in helping trauma victims. The research is very preliminary, but shows promise. Getting Nintendo (TM) thumb is better than being on drugs, IMO!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Not sure if that would work old mate.
    Still, it's worth a shot. Anything will help.

"I'm Back !!"

I think at the very least in the category of "couldn't hurt".
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

It would seem the Tetris game is similar to the EMDR therapy my psychologist is using with me for my PTSD. I recall a particular event and we discuss it while a watch a green light go back and forth in a light bar. This is supposed to "fix" the issues in my brain. Guess I'm going to have to get this game! Probably cheaper than the psychologist sessions!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I'm on meds plus a counselling session with the shrink every 2 months.
    It works most of the time, but I still have whacko days every now and again.
    I think if I had a Tetra game given to me on those days, I'd probably pull the pin out of it and throw it at someone.

"I'm Back !!"

I have PTSD and my therapist started EMDR on me. She kept encouraging me to get out more and be around people more. I had a problem with one of my appts that conflicted with a pet sitting job. I tried to change the date and she got super pissed and cancelled me!! She then went onto tell me that I'm not "committed" enough to make it work and suggested, if I needed to talk to someone, to go to her "group therapy" every Wednesday. I haven't been back since. Still take the meds though.

Like Wom, I have my good days and bad days. Then there are the mediocre days. Somewhere between "what's it all about" and "who cares anyway".

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!