Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Fur Posse are so sad

My Fur Posse are so sad

Poor Specs is taking Boo's passing hardest of all. The first night he shrieked until 6:30 AM. I brought him in bed w/me but it didn't help. He'd go to the carrier that I brought Boo home in and shriek in there, too, so it really didn't give him any comfort. Coco Puff is just lost. He never goes under my bed but he did this morning and meowed. I was afraid he was sick but that wasn't the case. He was looking for Boo. I imagine it's pretty scary for all of them. I have half the number of cats that I did when I moved here nearly 6 years ago. As of right now, I'm really concerned about leaving them when I go to visit my son for Thanksgiving. Please spare a prayer for my Fur Posse. Yodie and Creamsicle seem to be doing alright.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sending good thoughts and prayers to you guys during this time.

Amy

Oh, Mary and Posse, I am so sorry. Kitties, please don't be scared.. Boo has not left you, he is with you now in another form.

You are all together, a family, forever!

Love from Pat and kitties
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Healing thoughts and prayers going out to you and your kitties.

Thinking of you tonight, MEdusa and Fur Posse.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Many prayers for your Fur Posse Mary. It's so hard to see them grieving the loss of a fellow furkid.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Purrayers for the Fur Posse, to understand, they are safe and so is Boo.

Hugs to you Mary.

It's so hard when everyone is grieving. I'm so sorry. {{hugs}}
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

So sorry for the sorrow. Kisses to all your kitties. I know how it is to loose a family member.

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I hope that things will settle down soon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Poor babies. Thoughts are with you all.

Incidentally this is how I ended up with Pooky & Bear. I had been cat sitting a pair for my cousin until they had all their shots/neutering. Jack so much loved playing with the male kitty Snickers, that he cried for 2 solid days and searched all through the house for them when they were gone. That weekend went out looking for a friend for him at a pet store with an adoption day, or something listed on the bulletin board and found Pooky & Bear who had been abandoned in front of the pet store that day. Jack stopped crying and him and Bear are the best of buddies now.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Since Boo died, Specs has been picking on Creamsicle. I'm not sure why she's the target but it happens every day now, especially in the morning. Cgirl is the most lovable kitty you'll ever know and Specs is still upset that Boo is gone but I'm not sure what to do about this. I just now broke them up. They weren't fighting yet but Cgirl hissed and I knew a fight was just seconds away. I hope this passes soon. I can't stand the thought of Cgirl being bullied when I'm not home, especially b/c she's a CH baby and deaf.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Specs, stop picking on Creamsicle! It isn't her fault that Boo went to the RB.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so sorry to hear about Boo's passing Medusa. Can you separate your fighting felines in two different rooms for the day to give you some peace of mind whilst out (or two separate cages so they can see/communicate) then go thru the reintroduction ritual as with new additions to household, when you come home and have some time to give to this over the weekend?

It is so hard watching our pets grieve, it really deepens our own grieving. Chin up Medusa my thoughts are with you.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

I was thinking what TopCat wrote. Maybe that will help?