Thread: Cats/thanksgiving/christmas

Cats/thanksgiving/christmas

Its almost 7 am & 4 out of my 5 cats are curled up on the blanket on the sofa.

Im listening to christmas music (engelbert humperdinck) & once again this chrismas ill be alone but i do have my cats even though 4/5 of them are seniors & 2 are over 13.
    My family (except sister) that does live nearby treat me poorly but im used to it.

I havent been to a thanskgiving dinner since my younger sister was alive in 2002.

Its been quite a few yrs since we all had christmas dinner together.

Oh well....life goes on (for now).

Now that I am a senior I find that these sort of dinners are rare as well.
    I do have a brother and sister in law that I see once a year at the King's Buffet.
    But it is not the same as when our parents were with us, and never will be the same again.
    Sadly time takes its toll on family.
    At least you ahve your Five Cat Companions as do I, and they are always happy and never bring up things that you did wrong 50 years ago!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hi James.
    I know what you mean. I moved 1200+ miles away from my family to be with my husband back in January 1999. The first few years we all did things as a family (with his family) but the last several, it's just me and him and our critters. I haven't made it home to Texas for a family dinner in many years (8).

The way I look at it is - his family is full of backstabbing two-faced people. They will say one thing to you and another to the next person. My pets won't do that. They love me no matter what my hair looks like or how I feel (I have health problems).

I hope you find a way to enjoy your holidays with your kitties. Be thankful you have them and they have you.

You also always have "Family" here at PT.
    Many blessings to you during the holidays and always.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

My b-day was a few weeks back & my father & step mom didnt even call me & wish me a happy b-day. I have the step mom from hell so i wasnt surprised.

A few yrs back my father had a 30 yr old 8 track stereo system that still worked & i asked for it. It was just taking up space & hasnt been used in 20 yrs. MY dad said i could have it but the meanie said i couldnt. Last yr she gave it to charity. She said she would rather give to charity then family for the tax right off.

I could write a book about this witch but why waste my time. I havent talked to her or my father since last nov. They are going to wyoming to visit her spoiled kid & grand kid for thanksgiving yet they refuse to visit my family in co & havent in 30+ yrs.

I too usually just spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at home with my cats unless my parents are in town. I have 2 brothers who have their own families and relatives that live close by so they all get together for these types of things. Sometimes my parents will go visit my brother who lives in San Diego,CA but now that they're getting older it's harder for them to travel. I went one year but I didn't really feel like I fit in because everyone there is married with children and all I have are my cats. My other brother lives in Texas and I've never even visited him since he's lived there. I really don't like to travel much any way. I feel much more comfortable around animals these days than most people unless they're cat people that is.

I work retail so the holidays are so busy for me. I have family nearby but they often take trips that I can't share due to scheduling and finances. I have spent holidays alone with my kitties. To me, it's mostly just another day. I enjoy the quiet alone time after telling hundreds of people where the bathroom is in our store! LOL!
    I also think that "Friends are the family you choose" If I really didn't want to spend the holidays alone, I could go to a number of houses. I think the whole "family is the most important thing" is highly over rated. Sometimes the family is the most damaging force in a persons life and they are better off without them. Everyone is different and people shouldn't be made to feel they are "odd man out" because they don't choose family first.

I enjoy the holidays with my babies! They like turkey too!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    I think the whole "family is the most important thing" is highly over rated. Sometimes the family is the most damaging force in a persons life and they are better off without them. Everyone is different and people shouldn't be made to feel they are "odd man out" because they don't choose family first.
    Well said! While I don't mind spending time with family and friends, home with my furkids is where I want to spend most of my holiday time.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I had a very quiet thanksgiving, christmas & new years home alone with my cats.

Ill leave it at that & say happy new year to all the animals lovers (incl guests) on petoftheday.com.

I sure hope 2011 is better then 2010, 2009, 2008, etc...

In the last few years, my family has broken up and been scattered across the country. Those that didn't move, died. Now, it's just me and my boyfriend and our cats (between us we have four). Sometimes his kids and grandkids come over, but we're fine without them. I'm lucky that many years ago I found a "cat man" and we are happiest sitting home with the furbabies.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    In the last few years, my family has broken up and been scattered across the country. Those that didn't move, died. Now, it's just me and my boyfriend and our cats (between us we have four). Sometimes his kids and grandkids come over, but we're fine without them. I'm lucky that many years ago I found a "cat man" and we are happiest sitting home with the furbabies.
    I do have family, however, sometimes I find the best times are being at home alone with my 3 kitties.

That being said, I never feel alone with them here in my home. They are so comforting to me.

I would love to find a "cat man"!

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I do have family, however, sometimes I find the best times are being at home alone with my 3 kitties.

That being said, I never feel alone with them here in my home. They are so comforting to me.

I would love to find a "cat man"!
    Their are plenty of cat men out their but many are just quiet about it cause some people think its strange.
    Some yrs back my neighbor once told a friend that im strange & odd cause i have multiple cats. I confronted my neighbor about this & her face turned as red as a beet. I told her if she has something to say about me to say it to me directly.

We still talk today but not often. She has 3 cats & is a animal person but has a few loose marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    Their are plenty of cat men out their but many are just quiet about it cause some people think its strange.
    Some yrs back my neighbor once told a friend that im strange & odd cause i have multiple cats. I confronted my neighbor about this & her face turned as red as a beet. I told her if she has something to say about me to say it to me directly.

We still talk today but not often. She has 3 cats & is a animal person but has a few loose marbles.
    I would much rather be with a "crazy" cat man than one that does not love animals. I have a very good friend, I will call him Bill, he isn't really an animal lover. It is a turn off to me.

My brother is 51, never married and never had a pet until I gave him a cat about 6 years ago. I didn't really give it to him. He agreed to take Max because he was the last in a litter that I rescued. Anyway, he now loves Max more than most men love their own children. The first thing we talk about when he calls is how is Max.

I made my brother a scrapbook calendar of Max pics for Christmas. He was speechless.