Thread: Sheena and Rainbow collar reunite

Sheena and Rainbow collar reunite

You read that right. This week I had to spend two days in the same city as Rainbow. Will have to spend two more days there next week as well. So we set up a meeting with Rainbow collar(Jake) owners. Now if you recall Rainbow picked their grandson. I had green collar all picked out for them based on the temperment test. But when they came to visit the litter after the first shots green collar wanted nothing to do with them. But rainbow made a beline for their Autistic grandson. They litterally chose each other and when the day came to pick homes there was no way I could say no to that. So rainbow went home with them. The relationship between grandson and Jake could not be any tighter. This dog would never let the grandson out of his sight and if he was out of his sight and Jake was in a stay command he would whine and cry for him. He is extremely protective of him. THis bond made pictures a little difficult till we got the grandson to get involved. Before that Jake would only look to where he last saw his friend. THis bond really touched my heart in a big way.

When Jake and Sheena met there were no problems and within minutes they were playing in the backyard and sharing a water dish. Well we are in town next week we are hoping to have more time to stop in and see them. Here are some pictures of the event.

How nice that he and his boy are such good friends! Hello, handsome Jake!
    I've Been Frosted

Jake is 3 now and he has got his daddy's size. Though we all agree he has more of Sheena's face structure then the sires. Ajax, Dark Blue collar(Jett) and Yellow Collar(Polar) had more of the sires facial features. The smaller pups of the litter (green collar, bersi), Red Collar(Koda) and Rainbow collar(Jake) took after Sheena more for those features. Though all the boys have the sires size.

What a lovely "gotcha" story! He's grown into a very handsome lad. : ) It must have been fun for you to see them together again.

Awww, I remember when they all looked like little polar bears. That's a lovely story and I am so glad they got to meet again. Beautiful dogs, both of them! Any updates on Ajax and Luca?