Thread: Buddy howling...

Buddy howling...

What is up with the howling? Buddy has been walking around howling this morning. Meowwrrrrrr

I could Google it but wanted input from cat owners here. He does this every once in awhile. I will hear him down in the basement where the litter boxes are howling at times also.

He may be just trying to get some attention. My RB Sunny would howl late at night or in the early morning hours because he wanted to play with some one. My other cats just wanted to sleep so they would ignore him. I would even find mice all lined up outside of my bedroom door. The poor boy had so much energy being half Aby and no one would play with him. Hopefully whatever is causing this isn't anything more serious. I've also heard that sometimes older cats will do this because they feel lost in their homes. They get a form of Alzheimers disease.

My one elderly cat, Honeybun, walks around howling. I think it's because he's old and getting senile. Other times I think it's just to be heard and acknowledged.

I hope Buddy just wants some attention or to play and that it's nothing like senility setting in.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    My one elderly cat, Honeybun, walks around howling. I think it's because he's old and getting senile. Other times I think it's just to be heard and acknowledged.

I hope Buddy just wants some attention or to play and that it's nothing like senility setting in.
    Me too! Buddy is only 8 or 9. I sometimes thinks he wants to go outside when he does it. I haven't had him out for a walk on his leash for a few months.

Right now he is sitting on the arm of my chair helping me relax. We have had so much rain here in the last 24 hours. I have a lake in my yard and water in my basement. Me no like.

I agree that it might be age related, although he is not that old. Fister does it too, somtimes and it's heartbreaking to listen to. After laying down with him for about 15 min. he's OK and relaxed.

He could also be bored or having pains when he goes to the litter box. Did you have him checked recently? I hope he is healthy! Give him some extra cuddles from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.