Thread: Free DVD Burning Software?

Free DVD Burning Software?

Does anyone know of any free DVD burning software? I need to burn a TV episode downloaded from iTunes onto disk. My DVD burner came wit NERO, but it was only a trial and I didn't like it anyway.

So, are there any free programs to make a DVD that I can play in a standard DVD player?

Thanks for any help!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

It will probably be difficult to do what you want because iTunes content is protected. You have to have special software to remove the DRM protection as well as a DVD burner. I'm sure that software is out there somewhere but is probably not strictly legal
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If you just want to burn a data file Burn4Free does dvds. I think there is something you can do to burn4free to make it burn Itunes stuff but I'm not sure what exactly.

I know burn4free does ISOs flawlessly so if you find an Itunes format to ISO converter I think you would be set.

search for burn4free on Download.com and do NOT install the additional software it tells you to download. Its a scammy way for the company to try and get you to buy extra garbageware.

Imgburn - I bought my laptop from a tech friend a couple of years ago and this program was on it. LOVE it! And it's free.

http://www.imgburn.com/
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I use a lot of these programs. They have programs that will do just about anything including changing formats, flipping video's, downloading from you tube...all sorts of stuff. No spyware in them, small programs and easy to use.http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If you purchased the episode, then if I understand free use rules right, you are allowed to make a copy for your own use. I don't know of any free software, though.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

So, I may or may not be able to burn the episodes onto disk depending on what iTunes will let me do... Okay.

Are all of these programs legal and everything, LOL? UT has a strict illegal download policy so I have to be careful what I download.

I'm probably gonna need some help figuring out how to burn these too, DVD burning isn't my highest point of achievement
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

I am going to have to try Imgburn, Candace! Burn4free has gotten bloated with garbage as of late. It used to be really good but now it stinks!

Burning a copy of something that you payed for and intend to keep for personal use is NOT illegal. However, breaking the copy protection on the media IS illegal. It doesn't make any sense and the court battles will probably never end on the subject!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    Burning a copy of something that you payed for and intend to keep for personal use is NOT illegal. However, breaking the copy protection on the media IS illegal. It doesn't make any sense and the court battles will probably never end on the subject!
    So does that mean it's going to be impossible to burn these episodes to a disk?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

I record anything that I want , both to my hard-drive and to disc. It is not free but it is legal as long as you are not selling the DVD's. Digital copies to hard-drive are legal in my state. Drm only applies to HDMI cabling between devices. I use a Hauppauge HD PVR and record using component cables that has no DRM encoding,

Alright guys, so I have IMGBurn... how do I actually go about creating a DVD player friendly DVD?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

13. Have you tried DVD shrink? -
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/

someone i know burns stuff to discs with it all the time for a church an shes not very good with computers. so im assuming its easy to figure out LOL