Thread: Maggie

Maggie

I believe in miracles and you certainly qualify as a significant one. It is a miracle that you connected with your loving forever family. In addition to being a beautiful lady, you are undoubtedly made of good stuff. You were given a heavy burden to bear and you bore it well.
    If I could have just one wave of a magic wand, I would wipe out puppy mills forever!! I do not like to be negative but I hate puppy mills with a passion. In my view, they are a sin against nature and all that is good. I can hardly believe that we allow them to exist in our country.
    Dear Maggie, I am very thankful that your personality is blooming and you are opening up to the joyful side of our world. I wish for you and your family the very best of everything because all of you so richly deserve it.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

Congratulations Maggie!

Just reading your story of how you life was brought me to tears. I'm sorry you had to endure such pain the first 5 years of your life. But now it looks like things have turned around for you sweet girl!
    Your having the time of your life and loving it! Your family sounds truly amazing and I hope you all enjoy many wonderful years together

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Maggie

I;m so glad you were able to save her. She is beautiful now. I also hate puppy mills. We are trying to outlaw them here in Ohio. I know Maggie will have a happy life finally

maggie

So glad you were rescued and saved and are no longer in that life. how wonderful of your parents. So glad the rest of your life is beautiful

So happy for you Maggie

Maggie, you are so fortunate to have found such a loving, giving family. I hope you have been able to forget those early years spent in the wire cage. It must have been just awful.

I hope your years with your now family will be wonderful and filled with lots of fun and love for you all.

Good girl, Maggie. You are now loved, for sure! Enjoy!

You're a beautiful girl Maggie! I love Goldens!Thank goodness you were rescued from that awful situation! Congratulations on being DOTD!
    I hope this is a special day for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratulations and a very happy Dog of the Day to you, dearest Maggie! What a beautiful, amazing, courageous girl you are! Any living creature who could survive such unspeakable physical abuse IS a hero in my book, and that you survived not only physically, but emotionally as well, is nothing short of miraculous; that you were able to learn to love and trust we humans again, a testament to the indomitable canine spirit!

I can't for the life of me understand how this country can continue to condone through its passivity and silence, the living hell that is the puppy mill. And how any human being could so selfishly abuse a defenseless, trusting animal for profit, sickens me. The hair on the back of my neck stands up when I think they could actually give a "name" to an animal they would come to treat so horrifically. But those days are but a distant memory, with nothing but carefree, love filled days to look forward to, all the days of your life!

Great thanks to your guardian angel rescuers and to your wonderful family, for giving you a chance at true happiness; allowing you all the time needed to learn to love and trust again; to be a doggie! Finally, your beautiful soul has been set free, your precious spirit shining for all the world to see.

Much love to you on your well earned day of honor, sweet Maggie girl! You're more than Dog of the Day, you're the Dog of the Day, every day! I hope for you and your devoted human family a very special day of celebration, and many, many more wonderful years of shared unconditional love, respect and companionship! Hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Maggie girl! It was an honor meeting you and your family today; you're an inspiration to us all!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Maggie, I have tears in my eyes after reading about you. You sweet beautiful girl--I am so glad that you now have a wonderful home and are loved and cared for. Three years with good patient people helped turn your life around. It's amazing to me that dogs, no matter how badly treated, become good pets (I have one like that in Annie). I dont understand how anybody who breeds dogs could keep one in a cage most of the time; it's cruel. I am so sorry for what you had to endure as a breeding dog kept in a cage. Now to better times, you really do have a great life now as seen by the photos and read on the writeup. It is obvious your humans love you very much and I'm sure you return their love. You deserve to be DOTD! Kay in NC

It breaks my heart to know that there are so many cruel people in the world. thank God for Maggie's family that had the love and patience to give Maggie a good life. I can relate. My Alex, a golden, was terribly abused. He was dropped off a vets office left scared and alone. He would immediately fall and cower to the floor when you went to pet him. Like Maggie it took lots of patience and love, but what a difference in him today. He is a happy boy and hopefully that cruelty is a distant memory. lots of hugs and kisses to you sweet girl. congratulations on a very well deserved DOTD
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

Quote Originally Posted by jspence View Post
    I believe in miracles and you certainly qualify as a significant one. It is a miracle that you connected with your loving forever family. In addition to being a beautiful lady, you are undoubtedly made of good stuff. You were given a heavy burden to bear and you bore it well.
    If I could have just one wave of a magic wand, I would wipe out puppy mills forever!! I do not like to be negative but I hate puppy mills with a passion. In my view, they are a sin against nature and all that is good. I can hardly believe that we allow them to exist in our country.
    Dear Maggie, I am very thankful that your personality is blooming and you are opening up to the joyful side of our world. I wish for you and your family the very best of everything because all of you so richly deserve it.

jspence said everthing I wished to say, and said it better than I could.

Precious Maggie, it is so good to see you smiling and happy now.
    Bless your rescuers & bless your family for loving you & giving you the
    great home you deserve. Congratulations on being our honored DOTD.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Magnificent Maggie!

Why there are so many horrid breeders is beyond me...no, I know. It's solely for the money. Don't they know that dogs have feelings - physical and mental? Why don't they care?
    In any case, you are a true champion, Maggie. Not only are you beautiful, but you have a great spirit as well. I hope that you have many more happy years with your loving family!