Thread: Having some bad weather here

Having some bad weather here

Last edited by ChrisH; 10-29-2002 at 02:10 PM.

Aww, that is so sad! Weather can be so annoying. Hope you and everyone else are okay!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Wow - scary! My sister lives in Cambridge, and she hasn't e-mailed me yet with any news, but it sounds like it's all over the UK! A question, though - that little 3 year old whose mum was out in the woods with him - aren't people aware beforehand that the winds will be high, or do the gusts just come up without warning? If it were I, I'd stay indoors on a lower floor until the winds died down. Here in the US they are so proactive about broadcasting weather warnings, it sometimes gets to be overkill, and then people disregard the bulletins. How sad, too, the loss of beautiful old trees - not as irreplaceable as people, of course, but irreplaceable just the same. I hope everything is well with you where you are.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

My husband has family living in Cardiff - and Oxford. I hope they're all right! I've just had a look at the weather page and it looks like the storm is coming to Denmark later tonight. We're safe, but poor Pjevs, our old backyard cat! I've just been down feeding him and put extra wood beams around his house.

Fister has been down for the last few hours, but when I opened the door, he was up the staircase like a rocket - it just started raining again!

I hope you're safe over there!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Stay safe, warm and inside!

bad weather

When we got up everything looked fine even the 10 or so windchimes were still in place except 2 had tangled around each other, then i noticed the tree outside our fence had a huge thick branch ripped off and was hanging precariosly (sp) with a 2 foot spike ready to hit anywho happened to walk near it, so got local council out to sort that out, then when they came went out to talk and found my front fence completely broken off and laying on the pavement, luckily when hubby and i moved here last Dec we lined the inner side/back garden fence with another fence so that saved that one, so the dogs are safe,will get onto council in the morning.

Me and Bob are ok, there was some damage to the back fence (and my nerves, I get really, really, edgy when it is very windy, scared of the wind. LOL) but other than that, fine. Haven`t been out, except to walk Bob for a short while when the wind and rain had died down a bit, nor seen anyone, so I don`t know what damage may have occured elsewhere on the estate. My Bob did get a bit freaked out when he had to go outside in the worst of it by the noise of the fence creaking, I think he thought it was about to get him!

Be safe Chris and Bob!! Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers that you all will be safe!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hope and pray you are all safe.

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts, it really means a lot.
    It has been way different today -at least here in North Wales where I live. I had to walk to town this morning to take Bob to the vets, going there it was dry, breezy and mild, and the same coming back, except there was sunshine too! What a lovely sight at the best of times but even more welcome after yesterday.
    Once again, thanks very much everyone.
    Two earthquakes and now the worst storm for ten years, this year turning very odd. LOL

Gosh, and I thought Kansas was windy! I've been watching this on the news. Some of the winds have been over 100 miles per hour. My prayers are with you that you all stay safe.

It is now Tuesday and there are still homes without power.
    Power cut misery
    I wonder if any of our Pet Talkers are among them.

The pictures on the news here were so frightening! Sending prayers for all of those who suffered a loss and as well to those who suffered injury or damage. Glad to know you and Bob are well, Chris!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

We got off very lightly, considering how some people were affected. Just the rain and the wind.
    Todays been constant rain - miserable but harmless!!
    We had another earthquake though this morning!! As you said ChrisH - a very peculiar year!

Lynne